After 9 months i think im okay :)

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Ashley20
Regular Contributor

After 9 months i think im okay :)

Postby Ashley20 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 pm

I was pregnant with my second child and tested positive for strep b during pregnancy, the doctor gave me Cipro and i had a severe allergic reaction to it...they changed it to Keflex and i did fine. I had never taken any of those two antibiotics before. I had a pretty good pregnancy and felt great. At 33 weeks i caught the stomach flu and had severe vomit and D for 2 days, i got very dehydrated and my water broke. I was admitted at the hospital and doctors decided to try and keep me pregnant for 1 more qeek so baby could get stronger. They gave me steroid shots for his lungs to develop and they started me on antibiotics till i had my scheduled c-section. They kept me pregnant and in bed rest for 10 days. I had my baby at 34 weeks and he was born healthy at 4lbs. He was taken to the NICU where he spent 2 weeks. I was discharged 7 days later. We took the baby home after 2 weeks and everything was fine, i felt great. When my baby was 4 months old i got really sick with D, i went about 20 times in one day and i knew there was something really wierd and different about it cause it was yellow. I had never seen yellow D and i thought it was my liver. I went to urgent care the next day and they tested my stool. I got a call 3 days later telling me i had twsted positive for a bacteria and needed to take antibiotics but they never told me that it was cdiff. I was already feeling better and didn't pick up the meds. I went to my regular doctor and she told me not to take the flagyl. A week later urgent care called me and asked if i had picked up the flagyl and the doctor said it was very important that i take the antibiotic and told me i had cdiff. I googled it and that's when my anxiety began. It rwally scared me to learn about cdiff, i had never heard about it. I decided to start drinking keifer and florastor before doing the flagyl. After about a week of trying ACV, probiotics and a bland diet i decided to take the flagyl. I did 10 days and tolerated it pretty well. I tested negative a month later. I had my baby tested too after some loose stools with mucous and he tested positive :/ the doctors decided not to treat him and his stools got better on their own. I went into a deep depression and severe anxiety. I became very OCD. After 4 months into recovery i really started feeling better GI wise. I have no food in tolerances and my bowels have returned to normal. Cdiff affected me more mentally and emotionally than physically. I no longer bleach and i truly believe i have beat this awful thing. I found out after i got diagnosed that i was given Clindamycin at the hospital. I hope i never need antibiotics again but i know that its inevitable. I am very grateful for this site and all of your helpful information, i don't think i could have coped without it. I pray for all of you and hope everyone recovers soon.

Acres
Regular Contributor

Re: After 9 months i think im okay :)

Postby Acres » Sat May 07, 2016 12:33 am

Hi,
Stress, depression and anxiety for me is 50% of the illness. At my worst the worry is so overwhelming my mind in completely filled with it - no room for anything else. Stress also has a direct connection to the gut and I am sure some of my prolonged symptoms are due to stress. But l am learning to relax and symptoms are improving and I feel positive for the 1st time in months...
Clindamycin gave me the monster as well...
Happy that you and your baby are doing well....Thanks for your prayers...
Scott

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:57 am

I really hesitated to start taking anxiety meds and antidepressants but in December i decided i needed them so that i could be a better mom to my boys. I have been taking zoloft and ativan daily. I have now weened myself off the ativan and increased the zoloft to 100mg and doing alot better. Mornings were the hardest for me and staying alone with the baby was so stressful. I would cry all day and only want to sleep. I enjoy taking care of the baby now and even though i still have my moments, the anxiety and depression is so much better. I remember reading in one of your posts about having memory triggers....i had those all the time and everywhere i went. Its like i was mourning my life before cdiff. I promise you will feel better as time goes by and you recover (((hugs)))

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Congrats, Ashley. Enjoy your life and your children.

You did it!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks for posting, Ashley. I am so glad that things are going well for you. You went through a lot and it's so nice to read that things have really turned around and c-diff is finally behind you. God Bless and enjoy your beautiful children!

Lisa

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:40 am

Thank you Bobbie & Lisa, your support and love has meant so much to me. I don't think i will ever stop visiting this forum.. i know cdiff was a mild case for me but it had a HUGE impact in my life. You are all amazing friends :)

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 am

I love success stories!!!

Dukiemom
Contributor

Postby Dukiemom » Mon May 09, 2016 7:37 am

Enjoy! And thank you for taking the time to share your happiness.

Return to “Success Stories”