Update.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
TowerL
Contributor

Update.

Postby TowerL » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:03 am

Hello everyone,

I am sorry I have not posted in a while. I have been getting back to life and unfortunately employers are not sympathetic if you don't have the time and have cost them productivity. Needles to say I have no time off and I'm working a lot. Cdiff also put a giant hold on my life so I have been trying to solve things that I could not do while sick.

This weeks marks my eith week post vanco. My probiotic dosage has been decreased to once a day and my stomach has returned to its more normal constipation and D (my Pre-cdiff pattern). Still can't eat small grains but was able to have cheesecake for my birthday last week.

I turned 29, and I'm grateful to have even been able to have dinner with family and friends.

To me that's a success, although it's still early on and I have no idea if I'm still positive (docs won't test). Precautions are about the same because of it but at least I can drink coffee and more foods. I also continue to have the teeth issues that led me to cdiff in he first place.

Just wanted to give some hope to others, and hopefully once life calms down I can be present more on he forum to better help others. I know everyone on here was a huge support when I was sicker.

TowerL

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update.

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:24 am

I'm so glad you are doing well, Tower. You have been through a lot, but finally came out the other end. Thanks for sharing your positive news. I am so happy to hear that things are improving. And Happy Birthday!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Thx. For posting to encourage others.

Glad you are doing well.

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:38 pm

I am glad finally you are feeling well. Thanks for sharing it with us!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:09 am

Great news, tower! So happy for you! I hope the tooth issues resolve with no antibiotics needed and that you feel even better as time goes on. : )

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:36 am

Hi Tower
I'm so glad you are in recovery and doing well . So happy for you!!

TowerL
Contributor

Postby TowerL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 am

I was hesitant to write an update but did not want to the forum to think I had forgotten about everyone. Well, I have an upper respiratory infection with a low grade fever. Luckily so far my teeth have been spared. Doctor has given me the dreaded z pak prescription and told me to call my ID doc. Also a cough/congestion MEd.

We shall see what the ID doc says, but doc and I have agreed to wait the weekend and increase probiotics again if I must do the zpak.

We shall see what happens. I am home resting today so I have a chance to catch up.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Praying that it's a viral upper respiratory infection like most are. I have stared that zpac in the face two times after c-diff, but luckily turned out to be viral both times. I know how scary it is to may have to take an antibiotic. I wish that we didn't have to live with this constant fear. It's just awful. Rest all weekend and hopefully, you start to feel better and kick this thing on your own.

Hugs,
Lisa

Return to “Success Stories”