I promised that I would post at 1 Year....It's Now 14 Months

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: I promised that I would post at 1 Year....It's Now 14 Mo

Postby Ril » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Was great to read your post Lisa.
I know how hard it is to take that step to really consider yourself a Success Story!
Congrats for making it through!!!

Rita

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:52 am

A very big congrats to a very helpful moderator and caring woman.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 am

Thank you for all of your kind words. It means so much to me.

Since the time of this post in January, I am now about 19 months out, and just wanted to add that I have recently taken an antibiotic - z pak for a nasty sinus infection, and got through it just fine. Needing an antibiotic after going through c-diff was my biggest fear, as I'm sure it's all of yours as well. My anxiety was through the roof, but I had to take it. I went with the least riskiest antibiotic and upped the probiotics, and no c-diff! So, I wanted to add this to my success story thread as well, to share that things will someday be back to normal for all of you who are still suffering or who are in recovery living in fear of future antibiotics.

Well wishes,
Lisa

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:35 am

MODERATOR'S NOTE

Jend,
Glad you recovered; we deleted your video on U tube because we can't promote alternative treatments. It was well done, however. We have received reports of turmeric and other herbs and spices helping with c diff. Since these are not controlled studies, there is little proof they actually work but everyone is free to try what they feel might help. I would run it by a doc, however.

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:02 am

I am really happy for you and your success story. 14 months! That is so fantastic! This really lifts the spirits of many who frequent this board and I hope to read the 2,3,4, and 30 year posts as they come! Thanks for the post and I will wait for the coming check-ins.
Jonathan

Return to “Success Stories”