2&1/2 years cdiff free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Katchel7
Contributor

2&1/2 years cdiff free

Postby Katchel7 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:57 am

Hi All i have been cdiff free for over 2 years now. I relapsed countless times and took huge amounts of flagyl and vanco with only temporary improvement before relapsing again. I finally was cured after a fmt by Dr Barody in Sydney Australia. Felt better after 3 days and took a further 12 months to gain my strength back. Best thing i ever dif. I am left with ringing in the ears. In told this is from the vanco.
I sincerely wish you all the very best and that your spirits remain high and know that you will get well in time.
Katchel7 xx

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 2&1/2 years cdiff free

Postby Bobbie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 am

Thx for keeping us posted - so encouraging to others.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:47 am

Oh it's great to hear about people who were cured.It give me and other who suffer more hope.The success stories is what's keeping me sane when i feel like everything is lost and i won't get better.I wish i was borned in Sydney.Thank you Katchel.

Lee S
New User

Postby Lee S » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi Katchel,

Stars can't shine without darkness. Thanks so much for your very inspiring story!

This infection takes so much energy from our body. Glad to hear yours was fully restored within 12 months. This gives those of us still struggling to regain our strength the hope we need.

Lee

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks so much for your post, Katchel. There are so many posters on this site that could really use this boost right now. I'm so glad you are doing well and can put the c-diff nightmare behind you.

Lisa

rocket504
New User

Postby rocket504 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:27 pm

I am also 2 and half years removed from myour FMT. For the most part it has been great. Still need to watch what I eat.....think I have acquired some food allergies or intolerances.

But it has been a little rough the past few days. I have had stomach cramps, no appetite, low grade fever, and just a few bouts of d. Hope it's just a little bug! Hope everyone is on the right path and feeling better. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Return to “Success Stories”