Free of C-Diff for as long as I had it.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Mocreek
New User

Free of C-Diff for as long as I had it.

Postby Mocreek » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:41 pm

I think that is a milestone.

I was sick for 4 months, and have now been "well" for that long. I say "well" in quotes, because my guts...which I always took for granted...are not really back to what I remember as normal. To be honest I barely remember what normal was. I mean I never paid attention to them enough back in the day. Trust me, I pay attention now. I suppose I always will. C-Diff does that to a person. It makes you a basket case person scrutinizing every movement. What a drag.

I relapsed twice before having a successful outcome on a Vancomycin Pulse/Taper. (which by the way I had to convince my healthcare facility to do). Which, by the way I got the information about pulse/taper from this forum and the people willing to share their stories. I cannot thank you enough.

I still freak out when I have rumblings, or a bad stool. I don't dwell on it, but I worry.

I worry that I will get sick and need an antibiotic. I am terrified of needing an antibiotic for anything.

I think I will worry about that the rest of my life. I hate C-Diff.

It is possible to win though. That's mostly what I want to convey. I know I thought I would never be well. I thought I might be sick forever, and how was I supposed to work? It was terrifying...and no one understood.

...and no one understood.

...and no one understood.

I just can't say that enough. No one can understand C-Diff except for those of us who have suffered it. We know.

Thank you again for these forums. They are a gift.

Mocreek

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Free of C-Diff for as long as I had it.

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:56 am

Congrats Mocreek on your milestone! Thanks for sharing and conveying some positive news. This brings hope to many here that are still suffering. I'm so glad you are feeling better. We can all relate to your feelings!

I'm so glad you are doing better!
Lisa

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Congrats, Mocreek.Hope this continues but do expect some bumps in the road. Celebrate.

You are so right. The only one who understands c diff is someone else who has/has it.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Congratulations for the big milestone, Mocreek!
I am also 3 months out and was sick for 4. I feel exactly the way you have described it.. It is important to convey that there is hope though - thank you for sharing your story!

Return to “Success Stories”