1 month free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Janine
New User

1 month free

Postby Janine » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:01 pm

I had a rough go with C-diff it just wouldn't clear up and there is no one who does the FMT where I live. I saw a gastro guy and he put me back on the Vanco. I was on it for about 3 months. I started out 4 times a day to 3 times a day to twice a day to every other day and every third day until finish. I have been free from the C-diff for 1 month now. I have chronic bladder infections so I am on antibiotics a lot so I am a bit worried but so far so good. I am seeing a urologist in December.
Janine

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: 1 month free

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Great news, Janine! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you are doing well. I hope that you can get the UTI's under control and not need to take antibiotics. I wish you continued improvement!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 1 month free

Postby Bobbie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Janice,

So far, so good. Do see a uro. I would try to get in sooner than Dec..Call and see if they have a wait list.

I have chronic UTIs plus IC. I take 50 mg generic Macrobid -"a "safe" antibiotic for most - every night and it has usually worked for me. It is effective against E. coli and 80 per cent of UTIs are caused by E. coli. Be sure to drink lots of water.

See CDI - UTIs. Best to you.

Return to “Success Stories”