C-Diff free!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
kwiatek7
Regular User

C-Diff free!

Postby kwiatek7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:39 am

A year ago in May I came down with C Diff. Initially I was NOT diagnosed/tested for it until things progressed and got worse and a month later it was confirmed that I had it. I was given antibiotics, “Flagyl”, before it was confirmed and after. Being on those antibiotics twice in a month and a half span was not a fun ride. I felt worse than ever; side effects were gruesome but I keep taking it to try to fight C-Diff. In August I went on vacation still sick but was tested negative for C Diff. When I came back I told the gastro I needed and endoscopy and colonoscopy done as something was still wrong. It revealed that I had few inflammations like gastritis… and had H. Pylori so I went back on antibiotics but this time I told the gastro no to flagyl so he gave me “Zpack.” After I was done with that last round of antibiotics I have not yet since touched antibiotics and pray that I don’t need to.

My immune system blows and I am working on building it up. I was sick like 6-7 times with flu/cold last year. I started to feel better but I was still not fully feeling myself so I went to a new gastro and he did a few tests and everything came out okay so that was it with gastros. A month ago I decided to go to a naturopath and he gave me new probiotics (by the way I been taking probiotics almost every day since I took the first round of antibiotics in June) and he also gave me some powders and recommended what to eat and I can honestly say that I am starting to feel better. I think time is also the biggest factor to anyone that has C-Diff. I was so impatient and was hoping that I would bounce back to my old self right away like with a flu/cold but that was not the case.

Currently: I have acid reflux at times, my stomach is sour and weird here and there, can’t go without eating something for a few hours, can’t eat big meals, some food intolerances, anxiety at times….But at this point I believe I have to work mentally with my body when it comes those issues as the past fear/being restricted with what I ate due to C-Diff causes my mind to be in that old funk. After a horrible experience it takes time for our bodies to heal but even more time for our minds to do the same. These current issues are less severe than actually having C. Diff so it’s something I will overcome and we all can because we are stronger than we think/give ourselves credit for.

Thank you for all your feedback on my posts and I am grateful for this forum.
Through this whole experience I learned a lot and pray to God that they find something to help others that are suffering with it. I would never wish C Diff. on anyone, even my worst nightmare. Each experience has a lesson within for us to learn and in each situation whether good or bad we need to find the good; this takes time though. Time is key like I mentioned earlier and don’t lose hope. The sun comes out after a storm.

I wish everyone well!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: C-Diff free!

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Thank you so much for posting your story. It is so great to hear good news on this site, which gives so much hope for others. God Bless You and so glad you are doing so well!

Lisa

JeannieR
Regular Contributor

Postby JeannieR » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Awesome! Im so glad you are better! Thank you for posting, it gives people like me hope we will get through this, it is just a matter of time like you said!!

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:09 am

Lisa and Jeannie you’re so welcome and I really hope it helps others push through. Everything in life is about time and we just need to hang in there.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 am

Congrats and enjoy. Check in now and then to let us know how you are doing.

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 am

Thank you so much Bobbie, for your help and all. Hope your doing well?

Return to “Success Stories”