Revovery Questions

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
LaurenCN
New User

Revovery Questions

Postby LaurenCN » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:47 am

Hello,

I've been c diff free for just about a month now and am curious how others recoveries have been?

Most of the time my BM's are fairly normal, or at least normal compared to how they were with c diff. But now and again I do have a strange BM. I also tends to have pain and grumbling in my stomach and on my right side. Is this just part of recovery?

The anxiety is unreal. I feel blesses to only have one round of antibiotics get rid of this because I have seen how so many others, needed to take multiple rounds. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Revovery Questions

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Lauren - It does sound like you are experiencing a very normal recovery. Most people don't have normal BM's for quite some time after c-diff, so you are ahead of the game. Everything that you have described, including the anxiety has been experienced by most on this board during recovery. I am 9 months out, and I still have inconsistent BM's. It took me 8 months to just have one BM per day. It takes time for your gut to heal after enduring c-diff and taking the meds to treat it. You are in the majority that one round cured you, and that is awesome! I would continue with probiotics to keep restoring the good gut flora, and stay away from antibiotics if you could help it. As long as you don't start to experience 3 or more watery D's per day, you are probably fine. Most people have some off days in recovery and suffer from post infectious IBS, including myself. We follow the 3 day rule for IBS which can be found under CDI Info on the Board Index. It's a good gage as to differentiate between IBS and a relapse. It sounds like you are doing very well. I wish you continued improvement.

Lisa

LaurenCN
New User

Re: Revovery Questions

Postby LaurenCN » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:31 am

Thank you very much for the info. :)

Return to “Success Stories”