Successful FMT

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
mayajs
Brand New Poster

Successful FMT

Postby mayajs » Tue May 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Got CDiff in Fall 2014, and 3 recurrences afterwards. Tried Flagyl, and 3 courses of Vancomycin. While on Vancomycin the CDiff was controlled, the instant I would stop a course the CDiff would return.

I am a teenager and the past year of CDiff recurrences was really difficult, especially with school. I just wanted to HIGHLY recommend the FMT procedure. The prep is similar to the prep for a colonoscopy, and then the max 1 hour procedure itself is completely painless. The instant I had the procedure, I felt immediately better. I wish I had done FMT sooner- it would have been much more cost effective than my repeated courses of Vancomycin.

If anyone has any questions about FMT, feel free to send a message. It is very low-risk and has a high success rate, so I would recommend it even if someone only had 1 recurrence.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Successful FMT

Postby seekingcure » Tue May 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your good outcome with FMT. I am going for one next week so this is very encouraging for me to hear. How long ago did you have your FMT?
Bea

Return to “Success Stories”