Update

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
shabhu
New User

Update

Postby shabhu » Tue May 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Just wanted to Update.

I had FMT on November of last year near chicago IL using donor stool that hospital provided, and subsequently am doing fine. I did have constipation issues post FMT but I have been eating 300 grams of Brocolli Cauliflower and Carrots medley every day with lots of water. With this and coffee I have one normal good BM daily.

I had to take augmentin again for 14 days for sinus infection and also PPI for 2 weeks for Acid reflux. and luckily everything is still fine. I am still paranoid wash my hands like crazy and cook food with gloves.

If any one has any questions please pm me on here. I should get an email and I will respond back. I know this forum helped me, and would definitely not mind volunteering information to anyone that wants more.

Good luck

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Update

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Success Stories is one of our most popular forums as it gives hope to others, Thx for posting. Best of luck,

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed May 13, 2015 7:04 am

So glad your FMT was a success. Until they find the cure I think it should be a first line treatment or at least second in line instead of making people suffer so much. So happy for you and keep us posted.
CAROL

richlin
Regular Contributor

Postby richlin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:34 am

Awesome! I wish my recovery was as nice as yours.

I'm still going 3-4x a day, loose stools, urgency. Unfortunately, I'm constipated in the sense that I feel the need to use the bathroom but nothing comes out. I also can't tolerate fiber, when I eat it I get super gassy, loose stools and depression.

Hoping this doesn't continue. Please keep updating on your progress!

care66
New User

Postby care66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Richlin, did you have FMT as well?

richlin
Regular Contributor

Postby richlin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 am

Yes, by colonoscopy using Openbiome.

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks for posting this update. I am happy the FMT worked so well for you.

Return to “Success Stories”