1 year cdiff free!!!- dificlir cured

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
chinacherry88
Regular Contributor

1 year cdiff free!!!- dificlir cured

Postby chinacherry88 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Last week I celebrated my 1year cdiff free. Hooray!!
There was a time I never thought I would made it, but thanks to this forum I got the hope and the strenght to battle such a life-threatening disease.
Thanks to all of you who told me to hold on during my cdiff days, specially bobbie and getwellsoon ;).

Here is my story so it can give some hope to those who are still in the woods.

Background. 25-year-old female from Spain. Healthy. Fit. Height-1.60m. Weight-46kg.

Prescribed augmentine plus 1000mg x3 for 10 days -horse dosage- for tonsellitis.

7 days later vomiting and D 15x a day.

Thought it was kind of bug so stick to the brat diet. Wait and see.

3 weeks later sympthoms got worse.

Admitted to hospital for 3 days. Sympthoms ease as I was not eating.
Prescribed probiotics 3x a day for 7 days and sent back home.

Doing quite well on the probiotics. Cut them down and an epic relapse.

Admitted again to hospital. Ran a stool test and diagnosed with cdiff.
Released after 5 days and prescribed flagyl for 15 days -awful drug ever. gave me nausea, diziness and really bad stomachache-.

Stopped flagyl and relapsed 5 days later.

After that, started Vancomycin. Took it for 15 days.
Stopped and relapsed 6 days later.

Admitted to hospital. Left with 38kg. Pain meds banned due to my weight -at this point I was afraid I might die-.
GI department ask medical authorities for dificlir and accepted.-European protocol-
Took dificlir for 10 days and had parenteral nutrition.

Still bearing nausea and stomach pain. Complained a lot and my doctor said cdiff is not supposed to hurt that much -really???-

Had D x1 a day. Got tested but no trace of cdiff.

Bounce back to normal shape in less than two months.

Developed IC due to overuse of antibiotics. Recovered months later thanks to herbensurina tea.

Now everything has come back to normal. Enjoying life more than ever :).
I'm still afraid of antibiotics -I will try to avoid them as much as possible in the future- and I can't pass without washing my hands like if I were nuts.lol.
It's time for me to move on.
A big huge to all of you throughout the forum and thanks again.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 1 year cdiff free!!!- dificlir cured

Postby NanciT » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Thanks so much for posting!! I love hearing the happy endings and health restored after such suffering with this terrible and PAINFUL illness.

I don't know why doctors say this is not painful mine did also!! I also had the severe vomiting along with the diarrhea. Happy you were able to get the DIficid, that is also what has led me to be C DIff free fro 6 months now.

Great news and I wish you continued Health!!

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Postby Misscshell24 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:54 pm

That is great! Thank you so much for coming back and posting your success story. Glad you're doing well. I also had a lot of pain and nausea with c diff. Wishing you continued good health!
Michelle

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Glad you are doing fine. You are a different person than the scared girl who posted last year. Hooray for you!

Since you are in a similar situation to Marta, would you keep in touch with her? C diff is a monster but I would rather have it in the US where it is beginning to be well known than in another country. When I had it in the US years ago, docs told me then what they told you last year, "You can't possibly still have it." Hah!!

Have a wonderful Easter. Check in with us and then and let us know how you are doing.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:54 am

We love happy stories and good endings. So glad we could help you through this awful illness. Have a Blessed Easter.
CAROL

Return to “Success Stories”