fmt 1 month post. Problems with constipation

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
shabhu
New User

fmt 1 month post. Problems with constipation

Postby shabhu » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:45 am

Hi guys
Had and FMT in nov 19th. Via colonoscope. S/p I was constipated for about 7 days. than I started taking milk magnesia and dulcolax which helped. My symptoms are better. I don't feel as run down and not going to the bathroom 3-4 times with loose stool but now I m having problems with constipation. Did anyone have this?
How long did it take to resolve
I also have minor generalized abdominal pain as well as some supra public discomfort. It's not bad but it's not normal either. I have had two c diff pcr which were negative. I also had a urine analysis which was negative for uti.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: fmt 1 month post. Problems with constipation

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Congrats on your recovery. Try adding more fiber to your diet - fresh veggies and fruit, while grains, brands. Start slowly and work up. The fiber will feed the new good bacteria. If stil having problems, try one of the fiber supplements like Benefiber, Metamucul, or Citracel.

Return to “Success Stories”