16 months cdiff free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
rocket504
New User

16 months cdiff free

Postby rocket504 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted on here and I'm sorry for that. This group gave me a lot of help through my battles of cdiff. I'm a 28 year old male who had had 6 documented cases of cdiif, honestly I think I have had it more. My grandfather died from it and I think thats where I got it from. I had a FMT done on July 12 2013. It was done in Rochester,MN at Mayo. Since then I have had ups and downs. I weighed around 125 when I got it done and I'm currently up to 155. I want to gain 20 more pounds. I have had problems with IBS and some food intolerances, but I'm learning how to manage them. It has been a slow process but its been worth it.

I lost my youngest sister who was 19 at the time on 10/6/13. It put a lot of stress on me and a lot of sleepless nights, which I'm still battling. But the fact I made it through all of that with out getting cdiff was a very positive reminder that the FMT can cure people. I wish I could get on here more and help more people out. I battled cdiff for 6 years on and off. My mind just wonders too much with other things going on in my life. Feel free to pm me if anyone needs any advice. I still keep in touch with a few posters on here. Hop everyone can stay positive through their battle with cdiff. I remember reading all the success stories and being so jealous that I wasnt the one writing in that section. But it gave me hope that I could get better. Things could be worse.....stay positive and try to smile every once in awhile.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 16 months cdiff free

Postby Bobbie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Congrats, rocket504. Remember you well. Am glad you posted in Success Stories to let others know there is hope.So sorry for the losses in your life. Please keep in touch. You are an inspiration.

Return to “Success Stories”