5 months cdiff free- in some ways better than ever

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
code3rn
Regular Contributor

5 months cdiff free- in some ways better than ever

Postby code3rn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Just wanted to give some hope to those who are suffering, I am now 5 months cdiff free after a FMT and suffering from cdiff for 6 months.

I still have a couple off days here and there, but in some ways my GI tract is better than it used to be! I have always had a weak stomach growing up. If I ate something too greasy or more than three glasses of wine, I would often times vomit or have diarrhea. About once a month I would have an episode and vomit multiple times. It was especially bad in the last couple years. Perhaps I had underlying cdiff in low levels the last couple of years? I'm not sure. But since my FMT, I haven't had a single episode of vomiting. I can pretty much eat anything I want now. On occasion I will have an off day, but it's getting less and less. The FMT was the best decision I ever made. It gave me my life back and I am able to truly enjoy my children, and also truly appreciate my health. And maybe that was the lesson I was supposed to learn in all of this, to truly value and be grateful for my health and what I do have. Anyway, to those in the throws of cdiff, keep your head up and know it WILL get better. I am happy to answer questions or lend an ear if anyone needs it.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: 5 months cdiff free- in some ways better than ever

Postby seekingcure » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Such good news! Sounds like the FMT was a great decision for you. Where did you have yours done? If I ever test positive again, I'm going to look into the FMT sooner rather than later. I think it might help with my long-standing IBS; but, of course, I can't get one for that. Maybe eventually they will be approved for things other than c-diff infection.

Glad to hear you are feeling so good and enjoying life. Thank you for sharing and giving hope to others still suffering.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 5 months cdiff free- in some ways better than ever

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:17 am

So glad you are doing well and enjoying your children. We love successes!

Return to “Success Stories”