1 Year After FMT

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jlr627
Contributor

1 Year After FMT

Postby jlr627 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:36 am

Hey everyone,

Jen here. I just celebrated one year C Diff free a few days ago after having a Fecal Transplant last year. A few months ago I had strept throat and had to take antibiotics and made it through without getting C Diff again!

Life has been pretty good since the FMT. I am not quite like I was before any of this happened BUT I am certainly better than I was last year. I have some residual IBS (gas, bloating etc) and sometimes my digestive system will just act up but no C Diff. I take probiotics and try to keep my stress low and watch what I eat.

I am SO grateful that I was able to get an FMT. After 2 bouts of C Diff I was in bad shape.

Thanks for reading. Would love to hear how everyone else is doing.

Jen

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 1 Year After FMT

Postby Bobbie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:06 am

Congrats, Jen. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing and giving others hope. Please post again in a couple of months. Eventually, you should be back to normal. Best of luck.

BTW, what antibiotic did you take for strep?

jlr627
Contributor

Postby jlr627 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks Bobbie! Zithromax

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Jen,
I, too, was able to take Zithromax twice for pneumonia without another bout of C. diff. My niece, however, developed C. diff. after taking it. It's main advantage is you only take for four or five days but it stays in your body longer. Congrats again!

Return to “Success Stories”