One month

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
JohnS
New User

One month

Postby JohnS » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 am

I know one month is a little early to really be considered a success story but I've read that recurrences often happen in the first two to three weeks so I feel it's a big step I the right direction. Overall I feel pretty good. I have one bowel movement a day, it's not normal as in the way it was before c.diff, but no d or m. I still get some cramps and a lot of gas and my stomach often feels "not quite right" but for the most part pretty good. I'm gradually working my normal foods back into my diet and so far nothing in particular has really bothered me too much. I still wake up every day and worry "is it going to be a good day, or will it come back today". Again, I know it's a little early but I feel it's a milestone in my recovery.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: One month

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:28 pm

One month is great and I too think you are over a great hurdle. Are you doing probiotics or Kiefer to build up the flora? Might be a good idea if you can tolerate them. There is a report on here that states people who drink kiefer relapse less often than those who didn't use it. So glad you are still feeling good and keep us updated as to how you do.
CAROL

JohnS
New User

Postby JohnS » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes, I was doing probiotics but I switched to Kefir about two weeks ago. I was doing two servings a day plus eating a Greek yogurt but the last couple of days I've cut it back to one serving of Kefir and the yogurt and I feel better. It may have been a little too much with the two servings. I think I'll always keep drinking Kefir from now on; I like it and it's good for you.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:34 am

Hang in there. Good start toward recovery.

mandy
New User

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Good for you John! I am at my three week mark tomorrow, and, like you, I'm afraid to feel hopeful, but I do...this has been the longest month and a half of my life!
Everything smells like bleach, I still have my family banished from my bathroom, still worry at every grumble or weird feeling, it's been exhausting. And I know so many people have it so much worse than I do:((
I just wonder, if all continues to go well, when will I feel "normal" again? I don't think the anxiety of it will go away for a long time, but I'm a worrier, that's what I do, lol.
Crossed fingers for you that it is indeed over!

JohnS
New User

Postby JohnS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 am

That's the thing for me, the worry, every time I go to the bathroom I worry what will come out. I'll be so glad when I can finally put this behind me for good. It's been six weeks now and although I'm doing better I still have "those days". As a matter of fact today is one of them, my stomach is just not right. But the bad days are getting fewer and farther between. I appreciate this forum because I realize I'm not just crazy or paranoid but what I've been through is common with c.diff. I feel for those who have it much worse than I did.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Glad you are continuing to progress. At six weeks, I always felt, "Ah. I am going to be OK." Some have reoccurred later, but not often. You will continue to have "off" days for awhile - we call them "bumps in the road."

Most people with C diff. feel "crazy" or paranoid. It's an evil disease that is unpredictable and often difficult to diagnose, but eventually you should be alright. Thx. for keeping us up to date, and "fingers crossed" for your recovery.

Return to “Success Stories”