It's been 1 year and 8 months

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: It's been 1 year and 8 months

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Bcc,
What doctor has a fecal transplant page on Facebook? I know of most of the support groups on FB and don't remember one by a doctor.

Glad you are doing well.

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:38 pm

This is wonderful news... FT pills?? I have not heard of this!! But I also haven't been researching well over a year now, I pray this happens!! I guess there is stool in them right? It's funny I read somewhere on the web where a mans great great grandma would fill capsules with stool and give them to her children when they had diarrhea years and years ago and he said there diarrhea would go away. I guess his mom used to tell him stories about it.. And he was in his 70's himself..that lady was on to something even back in the day . Well I pray the day comes sooner then later. Hope the FDA don't shut it down... I see it as the same as a blood transfusion. Please keep me updated on this.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:42 pm

There is an article on the pills in Media Reports. Right now some doctors are making their own "stool pills", but these would be manufactured in a laboratory and marketed by a pharmaceutical company, so hopefully insurance would cover them. They are trying to isolate which bacteria are the important ones and put those into a capsule form. Then when people get c diff they could be treated with this or maybe when people take antibiotics, they can take them to prevent it in the first place. I'm waiting for the day too. I hope it comes soon.

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Bobby its under Fecal bacteriotherapy is "the bomb"

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Wonderful... Who would of ever known I would be so happy to have poop pills available.. Lol

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Bobby, I'm sorry I may have worded it wrong about the Facebook page.. It has a lot of articles people may have posted by doctors, but not sure if a dr actually started the page or not but lots of good info on the page. :-) in 2012 I was under the impression that a female doctor started it. But I could be wrong.. Still a great page!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 pm

What is the name of the page? is it the POP site?

Poop pills have great potential. Now, however, some docs. are making their own - some good, some not so good. They will be more effective once they are perfected and gone through more testing. I'm not sure, but my laymen's "take" is that some of the existing ones disintegrate too quickly before they get to the large intestine. They are "home made" with a double or triple coating. Double check on this. Have done little research. Could you do some and let us know?

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:27 pm

The page on Facebook is called......"Fecal bacteriotherapy is " the bomb" .....type that whole thing inside your Facebook search bar... The profile picture is an A-bomb going off. Let me know if you find it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Thx. much.

Return to “Success Stories”