It's been 1 year and 8 months

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Bcc
New User

It's been 1 year and 8 months

Postby Bcc » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 am

What a nightmare.. I had this crazy thing called cdiff for almost a year (11 months) Was on vanco almost a year.. Till I found a GI dr that thought outside the box. But fist let me tell you my story short and sweet cause I know you want to know how I did it. Lol.... So I took the vanco, took the expensive probiotics.. Took all the vitamins.. Ate nothin but what a vegetarian would eat.. Drank nothing but water... Did ever thing right... Still had cdiff.. So I found this dr 3 1/2 hours away from my home that would do a fecal transplant.. I travel to see him 2 times before he said, "hey since you live so far away, just do it your self at home"..So that's what I did... My mom got tested, she came back clear... I took some of her poop, mixed it with distilled water and mixed it with a plastic spoon put it in a empty fleet enema bottle and up it went. Didn't measure nothing.... And that was the end of that.... That easy!!! Would do it again in a heat beat... The day I did it, was the day I was cured, I didn't poop for 3 days... Yes!! I held it in that long.. And to think I was going to the bath room 30+ times a day. From there on out nothing but normal stools... Have testes negative 3 times after that...This dr told me he has been doing it for years and all of his patients were cured with one or two treatments, "if the fist one didn't work the second would" he said!... There is a cure and yes it is that easy. Good luck to you all, my The Lord bless you, You can beat this... Get past the "yuck" part and take your life back!! Anybody battling with this I feel your pain... Wish I would've never waited 11 months to do it! And that's how you get rid of Cdiff. :-)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: It's been 1 year and 8 months

Postby beth22 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:47 am

Good for you. I did the same thing. Now if I have to take antibiotics for some other infection, I follow up with enemas to prevent problems. I, too, wish I had done it a lot sooner. Wishing you continued good health!

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:57 am

Thank you so much!! And best wishes to you also...I know this shounds funny but I could not wait for the day I could post a successful story on here... I lived on this site for almost a year And now I can say myself "I did it!!!" When I hear of somebody having Cdiff I want to cry for them.. It is seriously life-changing.. There is no need to be on antibiotics for as long as I did, when it can be cured so simply. I want everybody and anybody to know about FT if they have it them selfs or know somebody that has it. It should be the first-line treatment... Especially for the elderly.. You luck and good health!! I will forever be grateful for this group!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Congrats. Glad you found your cure. Fecal material has lots of good bacteria. Many are doing FMT's now or home infusions but we usually advise medical supervision.

Congrats again.

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:44 pm

BCC- thank you for sharing, it was always so nice for me when I was suffering to read the success stories. It helped keep me going. Happy to hear you are well and cdiff free!

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

My best friend is a nurse and I made her promise me if I was ever in the hospital sick with cdiff ever again that she would come in and give me a FT when no one was looking, if any of the doctors would refuse to give me one.. Lol and she said absolutely.. And I know she would too.. She did a lot of research with me before I found my GI, When your that sick and you can't find a dr that lives close to you that is willing to do a FT it feels like the end of the road.. At least it did for me... I thought I was going to die from cdiff... I just had a set of twins and everyday I was scared I was going to give it to them or I would not live long enough to see them grow up.. I was and emotional mess for almost a year! My house was a chlorine cloud inside from all the bleach I used... My hands were bleeding from washing them 1000 times a day... My husband was going crazy cause I made wash his hands ever time he took a step... I was scared to let anyone in my house.. I would of died if I would of gave cdiff to anyone. It was a life of pure hell!! And I knew 8-10 days after that last vanco pill the hell was going to start alllllll over... Sooo Please find the right dr!! I called and called and called till I found a dr that knew a dr that heard that this one dr did FT... Lol. Research research research.. Your putting something up there that comes out there anyway!! ;-) So it's not that bad... Lol really!!! You'll be glad you did!!! And say you did get sick from it... Guess what they would give you?!?!? Yup vanco... (Out side of HIV and hepatitis.. You know, outside the obvious) and to think all this for a A cyst on my ovary!! Went into the hospital feeling great, left with super bug that Took a year of my life.

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Sorry for any miss spelling or missing words, I'm on a iPhone with a very little screen and it's hard for me to re-read it.. So pleas bear with me ;-)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:09 am

Many of us have gone through hell. Am so glad you were pro active and found your cure. After all these years, the word " antibiotic" terrifies me.

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 am

Bobby, how long have you been cured?

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 am

Antibiotics scare me too.. Was in the hospital a couple months ago with food poisoning... I just knew the cdiff was back... Was in there 4 days and the doctor wanted me to start vanco again. I was like no way not till my test results come back... Well it ended up being food poisoning not cdiff and I left there so upset thinking..wow doctors are so quick to throw you on anabiotic... I will never take another one unless I absolutely have to... And I will do that enemas if that day ever comes.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:54 am

Had C. diff. l993-l997. Again in l999. Again in 2012 when I had to take ampicillin for kidney threatening UTI. Had FMT and later home FE's. All bouts linked to antibiotics I had to take - pneumonia in both lungs, serious UTI's.

I first developed C. diff. from Vantin - rarely used now because of all the C. diff. it caused. Genetics might be involved. My son had C. diff. in l979 and again 6 years later - back when "no one knew nuthin' " about C. diff. No support groups - little publicity.

Developed C. diff. at 51 - now 73 - part of the "elderly." Healthy until C. diff. except for sinus problems and allergies. Many side effects from C. diff. Don't panic - had it a long time.

dawn813
Regular Contributor

Postby dawn813 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Bcc,
So glad to hear you are finally cdiff free! I too did the home enemas. I could not find a dr to help me and I actually found out about the home enemas from research I did online. I dont advise anyone to stop their meds like I did, but I was so sick of taking pills that didnt work. It would always come back when I stopped taking the medicine. Besides the Vanco being outrageously expensive! My insurance would only pay for one month of Vanco, so I took matters into my own hands. I found a good youtube "how to" video. I bought a blender and distilled water. Mixed it with nasal salts to make the saline solution and put it in a fleet enema bottle. I did this for about 3 days in a row. This was 44 weeks ago (yes I still count the weeks!) I am slowly (emphasis on SLOWLY) getting better. I still have many food intolerances and some pain which Im guessing is IBS. But Im no longer positive for c diff and Im rebuilding my good flora by eating the right foods and taking probiotics. My cure was not immediate like yours but I think it worked, or is working, for me.

This simple information could be so enlightening and give someone who feels helpless and hopeless (as I was feeling) some much needed hope. Congrats again!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 pm

I got food intolerances too after a FT, but I also had them between relapses. I think it was more from the damage from the meds and the toxins. The enemas helped me too. I'm glad you are doing better.

Bcc
New User

Postby Bcc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing your stories you guys. I really don't know what I would of done with out this group. This group had a Huge part of me deciding to do the fecal transplant. And after I found out it's the first line of treatment in Australia and Europe.. And a Dr. even made a fecal transplant Facebook page. I had to do it.. Lol I'm so lucky I found a doctor that was going to do it.. (Even though he talked me into doing it at home and I'm glad he did ) The first GI I saw mention it to her, she said don't worry I would never do that to you, i'm thinking I want you to do it to me!! After I did it I wanted to call her and be like why would you refuse this treatment, it's The only thing that worked, I did the Flagyl, vanco, and defic and nothing! No better for 11 months.. People need to know about this treatment! If I had it all over to do, I would go back to school and focus on nothing but fecal transplants, Become a G.I. doctor, start a bed-and-breakfast and poop enemas for everybody!! Lol but with all joking aside.. If my life wasn't perfect already.. That's exactly what I would do! Please if you're suffering from this.. Do it!! I studied so much about it.. If you do decide to do it, do it after your done with the Vanco and as soon as it comes back, like the day it comes back.. Do it!!! There is no need to live with this disease.. Good luck to you all. God bless! There is hope!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am

If anyone does this, make sure to have your donor tested first. Also, the protocol is to take vanco or Flagyl first, then stop, and after 24-48 hrs. do the FT after a laxative prep. You need to follow the protocol and the best thing would be to do it with a doctor's guidance like Bcc did. That's what I did and my doctor answered my questions and prescribed me the saline solution that I needed for the procedure. I used that rather than water. Some doctors now are doing colonoscopy FT and then telling the patient to follow up at home with the enemas for a few days. Until they market the FT pills that are in the works, this is the option for FT.

Return to “Success Stories”