8 months and holding:-)

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
urrosebud
Regular Contributor

8 months and holding:-)

Postby urrosebud » Fri May 30, 2014 1:00 am

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for awhile. I actually got an alert from an update on this thread and decided to also give hope to others.

I battled cdiff for at least 7 months. Two tries with vanco and last one with Dificid. Thankfully, I'm doing well! I still live in fear and I hope with more and more time, the fear will fade. It really messed with me mentally and I won't lie, I've tested MANY times since. I definitely have IBS and deal with that the best I can. Also, issues after my gallbladder being taken out. I do take colestipol daily and citrucel 3 times daily. That's what's working for me.

You can get through this. Having patience is SOOO tough. Everyone's case, so different. Stay strong and do your best!

I never went crazy with certain probiotics, etc. I started taking one during this awful ordeal and to this day take it daily.

Amber

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 8 months and holding:-)

Postby beth22 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 am

Glad to hear you are doing ok. Thanks for posting and giving hope to others. Wishing you continued good health and hopefully the IBS symptoms will subside gradually. I take a probiotic still as well.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 31, 2014 1:14 am

Congrats. Thanks for sharing and keep in touch. Wondered what happened to you. We are all terrified of getting c diff again so don't feel alone.

Again congrats,

urrosebud
Regular Contributor

Postby urrosebud » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

Thanks girls. I won't be a stranger. I really want to be of help to those still suffering!

Amber

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Good. We can always use help.

Return to “Success Stories”