Feeling Great 3 Months after FMT and Poop Pills

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Feeling Great 3 Months after FMT and Poop Pills

Postby pinkangel » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I had my FMT on Febuary 12th this year. I am now doing so much better. I had previously taken Flagyl, Vanco and Dificid which did not do much for me. I had my fmt at RDS infusions, which was the best decision ever. I had the colonoscopy and 20 poop pills right after the procedure. I developed bad D again 1 week later and was given 26 more pills but was testing negative. I found out the Cdiff triggered my graves thyroid disease out of remission. I suffered for a little over a month with severe GI issues and body wide inflammation from PI IBS and thyroid symptoms . I greatly improved once on the thyroid meds. I will get my thyroid radiated mid June and hopefully I will not have any more issues with it. I went gluten and dairy free right after my fmt because of the severe digestion issues.

I have introduced food slowly and can eat most things. I can eat raw veggies, red meat, sweets, and even some deli cheese lately. I still am not eating gluten and may stay this way since gluten seems to give me more reflux and indigestion. I do take pepcid and down to 1 times a day. Cdiff made my reflux worse and took 2 then. I think I can tolerate most foods in moderation except heavy spices and too much of any corn products. I have not been brave enough to try pizza but hoping for that day :)

My colon pain is mostly gone and I have been enjoying beaches and many things I could not do before. My strength is not 100% but it gets better as time goes on. I have had a few days of IBS and have not really even let it bother me since anything is better than before.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Feeling Great 3 Months after FMT and Poop Pills

Postby seekingcure » Mon May 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Wonderful news! Thank you for coming back and sharing your success story. I hope you will continue to do well. Bea
Bea

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Tue May 13, 2014 12:54 am

Congratulations on beating the beast! Thank you for posting so that others can see and have hope. Wishing you continued health -Jess

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Congrats, pink angel. Know you had a long recovery. Best to you.

Return to “Success Stories”