4 months C diff free!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
faith101
Regular User

4 months C diff free!

Postby faith101 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:58 am

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if you remember me, but to get you up to speed, I got c diff last year from antibiotics. I was ill with it for 4 months. I went through 3 rounds (10 days each) of Flagyl, and 1 round of vanco before I decided I had enough of this! My dr prescribed a 6 week tapered dose of vanco, and I searched for a donor. A great friend of mine offered to be my donor. We tested her blood and stool, and all the tests came out great. I took the vanco, and was tapering on one pill a day. I stopped the vanco at night, did a mirilax washout the next day (while only having a liquid diet) and the next morning I did the enema transfer. I've been well since! I'm so glad I did it. I did have some D here and there after the FMT, but I tested each time (total of 6 tests) and all were negative! I'm still "off" some days, but pretty normal! I take Metamucil, probiotics, and a turmeric supplement everyday. I still worry about having to take antibiotics in the future, but I'm hopeful that there will be lots of better treatments in the near future. I really appreciate everyones help on this website, and I hope my story can help some people, too. I've seen posts from people who have been dealing with it for years, and haven't tried FMT. If you have questions about the procedure I used, you can PM me. All the best!

Amy

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Re: 4 months C diff free!

Postby code3rn » Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Such wonderful news! Thank you for coming back and posting, it is inspiring for the rest of us. I just had an FMT done on Friday, and fingers and toes crossed I will be posting in this section in 4 months also ;) best of luck to you and wish you continued health

-Jess

Return to “Success Stories”