8 months cdiff free after FMT

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Katchel7
Contributor

8 months cdiff free after FMT

Postby Katchel7 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 am

Hi all just wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know I'm still going strong 8 months after fecal transplant. I gained majority of my weight back and can pretty much eat what I want. The only thing I have noticed is that getting my strength back to where I was prior to cdiff is taking longer than I expected. I used to work out at the gym 4-5 times per week which I can't seem to do at present. Not complain though. I'm very happy to be cdiff free. I wish I had a fecal transplant as my first treatment choice rather than suffer relapsing on antibiotics time after time for almost a year. All the best to everyone and believe you will get better!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 8 months cdiff free after FMT

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks for posting and I wish you continued good health. Let us know how you are doing from time to time.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:52 am

Glad to hear you are doing well. I agree, it would be great if fecal transplant were offered as a first line treatment option for those of us who would choose it. Maybe eventually it will be. Bea
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Katchel,
Glad you are still doing well. Thanks for letting us know. Some post daily and ask many questions, but once they are "well," we never hear from them again - unless they become ill again.You are a welcome exception.

You will eventually be able to do what you did before C. diff. I'm a big exerciser, too, so understand know how you feel.

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Thank you for continuing to update katchel! It really is incredibly helpful
for the rest of us. I plan on helping as a moderator when I am well because I appreciated how helpful this site has been for me.

Return to “Success Stories”