Success I hope

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Sable
New User

Success I hope

Postby Sable » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello everyone. It has been a long, long time since I've posted here. Back in March of 2012 I was diagnosed. It is now March 2014 and I have not had a re-occurrence. (knock on wood very very loudly). I still have bouts of IBS, my hair thinned dramatically but another c-diff sufferer suggested Biotin and that worked!!! If vanity is a sin, well, so be it, after going through c-diff I think worrying about my hair falling out is very minor.

I still have times where fear takes over that it might be back. I had a bad cold this week and was taking a variety of expectorants and colds meds and, of course, a couple of days the diarrhea sent me into a panic. But then I realized all those meds had to go somewhere. :)

My diet has changed a great deal and I'm still very iffy on some foods. I no longer eat red meat, sticking strictly to fish (squid is wonderful) and fowl. Asparagus is still iffy (being a natural laxative) so as much as I love it I eat it rarely and in small amounts.

Fortunately dairy is not a problem and never has been.

I first realized last September that I was finally starting to eat "normally" when I took a chance on a half can of chili and didn't have any problems. But then I thought... September 2013 from March 2013, roughly a year and a half... it's a long road.

Although I wasn't very active on this board I want you all to know that you were all a great help to me with your stories and ideas and information.

Bless you all! Keep up the excellent work.

Sable Jak

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Success I hope

Postby seekingcure » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words and for coming back to share your success. It gives others who are still fighting hope that they, too, will be cured. Bea
Bea

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi Sable, glad you are doing well. Have you had occasion to have to take any antibiotics in the interval since you had c. difficile? Just wondering, as I know that I (and many others) worry about that and wonder what would happen. (Though of course antibiotics aren't the only risk factor for c. difficile.)
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:37 am

Congrats., Sable, and thanks for the thanks. Please tell others about C. diff. Thx for posting.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 am

Good news Sable, so happy for you. I also have problems with red meat, I guess it is hard to digest, even for normal guts as we get older. I never had any problems with digestion pre CDiff but I sure do now. Thanks again for posting your success and may it continue. Carol
CAROL

Return to “Success Stories”