My success so far (knock on wood!)

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Jennystrom
New User

My success so far (knock on wood!)

Postby Jennystrom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Not to offend anyone but I never wanted to come back to this site ever again! Not because you people arent awesome, its just that I want to put my whole C Diff eipisode behind me and never look back!

I do want to share my success in getting my body back to normal after my diagnosis.

I was on antibiotics for a bad tooth (clindamycin) and 4 days after i was done the script, i started feeling "off" it took two weeks to finally get an answer. I started on flagyl 500mg 3X a day for 10 days. I set an alarm on my phone to go off every 8 hours, no matter what hour it was so i could keep a steady stream of the flagyl pumping.... I also took an S. Boulardii twice a day with a "critical care" probiotic (50 billion) each time, about 4 hours after the flagyl. I was lucky that the only thing that bothered me was green tea (i wasnt really eating much anyway...) i ate as much yogurt as i could stand as well as fermented pickles. I also stayed away from any kind of sugar (sugar feeds bad bacteria )

When i was done the flagyl, i started making and drinking water kefir, as well as finishing my S Boulardii and probiotics (down to one a day) I will be taking a probiotic pill every day for as long as i can.

It took about 2 weeks after the last flagyl to have normal BM. I just want to wish everyone good luck and that there is hope! Keep your imune system strong! I

If you are interested in starting on water kefir shoot me an email "jhearns at gmail dot com" i always have grains to share!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: My success so far (knock on wood!)

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Congrat., Jennysrom. Evidently, you were one of the fortunate 20% who recover quickly - or what you did helped.

Thanks for sharing your success story. This is the most important forum in the support site - where we see where others are cured - and know it can happen for us, too.

Out of curiosity, what it Water Kefir? I'll post it in Treatments.

Jennystrom
New User

Postby Jennystrom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Water kefir is a fermented drink you make using special grains. It is full of probiotics and other healthy stuff!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Why don't you write out the recipe and I'll copy it. With C, diff.,ER never know what will work. Heard of kefir but not water kefir.

Jennystrom
New User

Postby Jennystrom » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Jennystrom,
Posted in CDI - Probiotics, including kefir. Thx. Latest info. listed last.

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/water- ... stions-faq

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:35 am

Jennystrom, glad to hear you are doing better. Forgive me if I already mentioned this in an earlier post, but I hope you will go to the FDA link posted below and fill out an Adverse Event form about clindamycin. (I also got c. difficile from that antibiotic after tear-duct surgery.) Though clindamycin and other wide-spectrum antibiotics are sometimes necessary in a life-threatening situation (and possibly your tooth infection posed that risk), at the same time they are being used without enough restraint by dentists and other medical practitioners, causing c. difficile to proliferate. It is for sure that your dentist will not have reported your case of c. difficile to any federal agency that tracks antibiotic-triggered infections, and it's important that patients help to generate that data.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceCompli ... efault.htm
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “Success Stories”