2 week after fmt ibs now

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 week after fmt ibs now

Postby seekingcure » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 am

No, my IBS has not settled down much yet. I have been off Vanco since the middle of November. But I am not a typical case. I was on Vanco longer than most(six months) and had prior bad IBS for over twenty years, which was already getting progressively worse before I ever got c-diff. The c-diff just seems to have irritated my colon even more. I do find that I do somewhat better if I leave off the dairy, which I am now doing.

I'm not really sure how your doctor can be so positive that the c-diff is gone without testing again. Perhaps your symptoms are relatively mild now compared to when you had c-diff? I'd ask her to explain why she's so sure the c-diff is gone, especially if things don't start to improve some with the smaller meals, leaving off offending foods, etc.

Even though you have now had a FMT, it's not always an immediate complete cure.Your colon has been through a severe infection and it may still take time for you to heal. Hope someone that has had an FMT will post soon or contact you directly.
Bea

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 am

chainsaw,
When I click on Board Index, the list that I see does not have FMT info on it. So I have the same problem that you do. Maybe some of us get a different Index list? I have checked both in the Question section and the Discussion section, and both have a topic heading about FMT's, but it just says to go to the FMT section, which I can't find. I'm not any good on computers either, so you have my sympathy.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:04 am

After I logged in and posted my problem about not seeing the FMT section, I went back to the Board Index. Lo and behold, it now has a section about FMT info. Therefore my conclusion is that in order to see the FMT section on the Index list, you have to log in. I hope this works for you.

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Postby pinkangel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 am

Well this is odd I cannot see FMT forum either. I logged in and still cannot see it. I have seen it before and browsed but now it is not there when I click on board index.

chainsaw
New User

Postby chainsaw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:01 am

roy when i click on that site you gave me ,it said that i can not read this site . i dont no what to do thanks to allis and roy chainsaw

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:39 am

Click on the link that Roy listed. A page will come up that says you must be logged in to view this forum. Log in with your user name and password and you should be taken directly to the forum about FMT's. Hope this helps.
Bea

ncmimi4
Regular User

Postby ncmimi4 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:05 am

Chainsaw, I can't get to the FMT information either and I show that I am logged on here. It tells me I am not authorized. I had a FT 2 months ago. I had immediate results but was told by the Dr. to eliminate ALL gluten and dairy. The c diff had done major damage to my colon and it may take a long time to heal. First I would call the Dr. and ask what they think. Meanwhile I would eliminate all dairy and gluten and probiotics and alcohol for a few weeks and see how you do. I know that sounds crazy but give yourself a chance to heal. Your penname on here makes me think you are a young male and eating rice cakes and drinking rice milk is not on your agenda but you can have chicken and beef and baked potatoes with butter. ( butter is the one dairy that is ok) Also try to do only decaf drinks. I also have trouble with eggs. Please talk to your Dr. they may have a nutritionist you can talk to. I can tell you that I got sick of eating carefully and ate cheetos several days ago and had immediate problems. Don't know where you are but see if your grocery has gluten free breads and hamburger buns. Contact me with a message if you want to. Again talk to your Dr.

ncmimi4
Regular User

Postby ncmimi4 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:37 am

Well I have logged in and out twice and cannot see FMT information. It tells me I am not authorized. Also, is there a place to ask a question like this about how to get authorized to read it? From dumb ncmimi4

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you Roy for finding that out. It must have been so frustrating for the people who were continually told to click on it. Computers will make you nuts. Hang on Chainsaw, Roy will get it so that you can see that info soon. Carol
CAROL

chainsaw
New User

Postby chainsaw » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Thank you roy and carol , if anybody that had the fmt done you are welcome to contact me with a message to talk . thank you chainsaw

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 pm

The FMT forum was created to help those who have had/or are thinking of having the procedure. We can"t give you medical information but can offer the experiences of those who have had the procedures and "where, what, and why. The site malfunctioned last night but was fixed this afternoon.

ncmimi4
Regular User

Postby ncmimi4 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Help, I have been trying to send a pm to chainsaw. Thought it had gone 2 days ago but did not show in my sent messages. Just did another one but it is just sitting in the outbox. What am I doing wrong? I have sent others that worked. So if any admin. can get in there and get it released I would appreciate it. Also what does it mean when the little lines in the circle in front of a topic are moving up? Just wonder. Thanks Roy and Bobbie whoever else got the FMT info. fixed. Whoever compiled all that has done a super job which is extremely helpful.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks. I compiled the information in the FMT forum from posts within the site and other information. The other moderators and I will add more periodically. We've closed the forum to posts by "regular" posters at this time and ask you post questions/information in Gen. Dis. or Questions.

Both Roy and I emailed the webmaster about the problem with the forum - which was open to posters to read - and then closed by mistake.

The site is sometimes very slow during peak hours (evening and on the weekends). I've checked with the webmaster and there isn't anything he can do except install a new site - which would be too expensive. The person who owns the site has been wonderful about providing us with a webmaster and other support without any gain on his part. (Our last owner provided little - the site was often down for days.)

I just entered the admin panel but couldn't "fix" your problem. Roy is far better at computer "stuff" than I am so hope he help. Just PMed him.

Just sent chainsaw a PM, and it went through and is in my outbox. I think we've all been concerned about him/her. I asked him/her to post on the site to see if he is OK. Best bet is to contact the doctor who performed FMT.

If Roy can't "fix" your PM's, we'll contact the webmaster.

Hope you are still doing well.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

If a PM is sitting in your outbox it means the recipient hasn't opened it yet, not that you haven't sent it. so if you sent a PM to chainsaw and it is sitting in your outbox, she hasn't opened it. Hope this helps. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:58 pm

After l5 years, knew that - duh. And yes, you are probably right. Chainsaw is a man - who has evidently given up on the site. We tried but he needs individual "walk me through a step at a time" computer help. He should be able to get it through his internet provider. Someone set the computer up for him; maybe that someone will help him.

Return to “Success Stories”