2 week after fmt ibs now

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 week after fmt ibs now

Postby seekingcure » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

I had gotten a PM from chainsaw and I replied to it, but I haven't heard anything since. That was on Thursday. Hopefully he is doing better and will post again and let us know. Like the rest of you, I get concerned when someone is not doing well and then they stop posting.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Roy, yes, I know it. Think chainsaw has "left the building."

chainsaw
New User

Postby chainsaw » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm

hi just read the pm thanks to all who answer i had a up and down weekend not real bad but i am feeling better today, i hope it keep up ? from what i heard i will get back close to 100% in time. just dont know how long after you eat something, do you know it going to bother you ? so you no not to eat again i think in a couple hours? i will keep in touch thank you all for you help chainsaw.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Glad you posted back. We were afraid you had gotten too frustrated with trying to navigate the site and the computer and had given up. So glad to hear you are doing better today. When I eat greasy foods, I usually know I shouldn't have pretty quickly (within a few hours) However, sometimes I don't have problems with things until the next day. I've noticed this with dairy. It might not bother me that day, but the next day. Hope you continue to improve and get back to normal quickly.
Bea

pinkangel
Regular Contributor

Postby pinkangel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Chainsaw,

I would try to eat bland food like rice, potatoes, chicken, and bananas to start with and then add in 1 food a day. You can see if that food will bother you. If it does not then add that to your diet. Then add another food the next day. Try not to eat anything like raw vegtables , spicy food, nuts, sugar, caffeine or dairy at first. A lot of people have issues with these foods. It could take a while before your stomach can handle these types of food again because the good bacteria has to replenish in your stomach. These good bacteria help you digest food. Some people have been able to eat normal right away and some not because the Cdiff caused so much havoc in their intestines. I am going to have a transplant next week. I can let you know what foods I am able to tolerate afterwards. If you want to send a message you can click my name and then click send private message.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Chainsaw,
Glad you posted again as we were concerned about you.

Why don't you post in Gen. Discussion or Questions as you are not yet a success story but we hope you will be?

Again, contact the doctor who performed the FMT. Often, it takes awhile for the good bacteria to take hold. Did the doctor say anything about eating fiber. Many doctors suggest it as it is supposed to feed the good bacteria.

Read the FMT forum for more hints about "after an FMT." Many have "bumps in the road" after an FMT while the good bacteria are trying to take hold. Don't panic - this is normal.

Return to “Success Stories”