1 year after FT…a happy anniversary.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
annette123
New User

1 year after FT…a happy anniversary.

Postby annette123 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

It's been ages since i signed in…..and one year to the day since my FT. The symptoms disappeared so quickly after the procedure, I am now a devotee and support all those suffering with the disease to do the procedure asap.

I had some, not bad, gut discomfort for a few months after, but that was clearly food related and like some of you said, the gut just needed time to heal. When I avoided the trigger foods, life was pretty good, and now I eat whatever I want without issues. Still working on my stamina; a year with the disease took a tole on my vitality and Doc sees how it aged me, but that's life and life is good, especially from the post Cdiff/FT perspective. Slow improvement makes me happy.

I still make my own kefir, kimchi and kombucha tea and have a portion of each at least once daily, along with a capsule of probiotic. Some time ago, I offered to send interested members kefir grains (evidently there is more probiotic in home-made kefir); the offer still stands. Send me a PM if interested.

in gratitude
annette

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 1 year after FT…a happy anniversary.

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Congrats., Annette
Thank you for letting us know you are doing well. This is so important to other people who are still suffering from C. diff. Keep in touch.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: 1 year after FT…a happy anniversary.

Postby seekingcure » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Thank you for your sharing your experience. Good to know that the procedure worked so well for you. It gives us all hope!
Bea

Return to “Success Stories”