Azithromycin and Align

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
keenanmsc
Brand New Poster

Azithromycin and Align

Postby keenanmsc » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 am

In December this combination, while scaring me a lot, may have warded off a recurrence of c.diff. I had a serious lung disease or would have avoided antibiotics entirely. Azithromycin has the advantage of a short-term (5 day) administration. This is no guarantee that the Az-Al combination would prevent a c.diff. flareup and I would be just as reluctant to try it in the future. P.S. The avoidance includes a lot of insect repellant but no antibiotics in malarial areas when I travel.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Azithromycin and Align

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I, too, was able to avoid pneumonia (altho. had it many times since C. diff.) with a Z-pak and the probiotic VSL3. Advantage of the Z-pak is you only take it orally 5 days but it stays in your body 10 days. There "ain't no guarantees" however. My niece (not related by blood) developed C. diff. from a Z-pak.

Glad this worked for you!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Azithromycin and Align

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 pm

They are going to add a Black Box Warning to Zpak because of some heart issues. This is discouraging news since it was one of the lower offenders, now I'm scared to take it if I have to. Carol
CAROL

Return to “Success Stories”