FMT Success - 2 Months Later

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jlr627
Contributor

FMT Success - 2 Months Later

Postby jlr627 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 am

Hi everyone,

Jen here. I wanted to update everyone on my progress. I had an FMT done via colonoscopy in September and I am happy to say that I feel GREAT. Every day gets better and better. My digestion is 100x better than it was even before I had C Diff. I now have 2 BM's a day - once in the morning and once at night - like clockwork. If I eat a lot in a day then maybe 3 but that's it. When I first had the FMT, I had some food intolerences and a lot of gas and it took some getting used to but as time goes on, my body is becoming accustomed and I can eat almost anything. It almost feels like I have super bacteria in me now. It tackles whatever comes its way. I still find myself wincing in fear from time to time thinking it's going to come back but I fear this less and less now. I think the new bacteria has colonoized and continues to flourish.

If anyone has C Diff out there or has a relapse, I STRONGLY recommend this procedure. There is no reason not to do it. It has a 94% cure rate. I wish I had done it after my first relapse as the Vancomycin usually doesn't fully eradicate the C Diff and also does a number on the gut flora. Seriously, this procedure is a piece of cake. The colonoscopy prep is the worst part. The procedure itself is simple and painless. I went to sleep and woke up feeling like an entirely different person. There is no reason to suffer. Do the FMT. It's like pressing the reset button.

Thank you all for your support. I would love to hear from you guys.

Jen

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT Success - 2 Months Later

Postby beth22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:51 am

Congratulations. That is good news indeed and I wish you continuing good health. Was your donor a blood relative? Man or woman? I'm curious because I've read a few different things about which transfers are more successful. Some say blood relatives, others not. Some say member of the same sex, others not.

jlr627
Contributor

Postby jlr627 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 am

Hey Beth,

Great to hear from you. I feel like we have been on this journey together.

My donor was an anesthesiologist on staff who my doctor works with. He is a healthy male in his 40s with super poop apparently - lab tested of course. Im still getting used to everything but its proving to be better than mine ever was.

J

Hopefulness
Brand New Poster

Postby Hopefulness » Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 pm

I am 2 months post FMT via colonoscopy at Charlton Memorial Hospital Fall River Massachusetts. I was deemed eligible for the fmt as I had three bouts of cdiff within weeks of each other. The last bout caused septic shock and a fib. I feel considerably better but am experiencing some issues: primarily excessive gas which was not a previous problem. I am hoping this is transitory and common to many who have had this procedure. Reading the posts on this site has been very helpful. I believe my cdiff developed as a result of taking cipro and flagyl for my first ever attack of diverticulits in August 2013.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Congrats, Jen. Thx for posting. Keep in touch.

Return to “Success Stories”