In a much healthier place!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
aw1980
New User

In a much healthier place!

Postby aw1980 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am

I firstly want to thank everyone on this board who took the time to respond to any of my posts and share their wisdom and experience. C Diff can be an isolating infection -- I certainly didn't know anyone in "real life" that had gone through it so it was wonderful to find a community of people that had been there and could lend support.

A brief summary of my experience...I was diagnosed with C diff 5 months into my twin pregnancy after taking Keflax for a UTI. Went through a number of relapses after using both Flagyl and Vancomycin...My O/B got me connected with a proper ID doctor who started me on a loooong Vanco taper -- and that is what did the trick! I have no way of knowing when throughout the taper I actually got rid of this nasty infection but I took my last vanco in March 2013 and have been C Diff free since then. My twin boys were born healthy and are happy 13 month olds now...

I remember feeling so helpless and anxious...the infection really did a number on me from both a physical and mental perspective. I am in a much better place now...my bowel function is back to normal and I can eat pretty much whatever I like. Do I have days where I still get a bit anxious if my tummy feels a little off? Absolutely. But it is so much better than before...and the more time that goes by, the easier it gets to leave this horrible experience behind.

So...if you are currently going through it or are recently diagnosed -- YOU WILL GET BETTER!!!!! I am happy to answer any questions about my treatment, especially from those dealing with c Diff during pregnancy. Everything will be ok.

Thank you again to all the lovely souls on this board who continue to share their kindness with others...it was incredibly helpful for me during an awful time in my life. THANK YOU!

Sending wellness to everyone.

Amy

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: In a much healthier place!

Postby Bobbie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Amy,
Thanks so much for posting. Glad you are well, and your boys are OK. We appreciate you letting us know the site helped you. Your story is an inspiration for others. Twins plus C. diff. - you must be a wonder woman.

With every good wish.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Amy, We are always so glad to hear when we were a help to someone lost in the Cdiff nightmare. We Mods have all been there and no one knows how horrible it truly is unless they experience it firsthand. I'm so happy you are well and you can now concentrate on those lovely twin babies. Do check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing. We always appreciate someone other than the Mods who can lend a hand and help out. It lets people know they aren't alone. God Bless you with continued good health. Carol
CAROL

Prayingmother
Regular User

Postby Prayingmother » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 pm

So happy for you!

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 am

Amy- thank you so much for posting our success story! I too got cdiff postpartum. You overcoming the beast helps me to have hope that I can be well and a good mother to my children again soon instead of running to the bathroom 10 plus times a day! Best of luck to you

-Jessica

Return to “Success Stories”