28 y/o male - 8 Months after Fecal Matter Transplant

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Cdifrecovering
New User

28 y/o male - 8 Months after Fecal Matter Transplant

Postby Cdifrecovering » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi everyone, I spent a lot of time on this board posting and private messaging users. Looking back, I don't know what I would have done without everyone here... Wanted to drop in and give a quick update.

Eight months after Fecal matter transplant and doing great. Post IBS symptoms took 6 months to gradually decrease. Bio-k probiotics once or twice a week but that is basically it.

What helped "me" (and everyone is different) the most was cutting out anything that was hard to digest (gluten, dairy, soy, corn). I went on the Paleo diet while i waited for my GI tract to cool down and repair itself.

Currently I still stick to the diet, drink alcohol and am feeling great ;) - I am at about 95%.

There is hope, DO NOT give up, you will beat this thing... I didn't leave my house for 3 months while fighting this demon at one time and was sick for almost a year. Keep researching and trying different things until you find what works for you. If you have any questions, PM me or post below.

Take care,

Jeff

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 28 y/o male - 8 Months after Fecal Matter Transplant

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for posting - it helps those who are still looking for answers. I wish you all the best in your continued recovery. Glad to hear things are going well.

ira
New User

Postby ira » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 pm

hello, I am very happy, and thank you for posting and I was in same shoes as you are but now I am taking antibiotics. I was wandering if you could give me advise? here is my story:
I am 6 months post stool transplant developed very bad UTI and currently on Bactrim but after 3 pills of Bactrim I started developing/loos soft stools, did anyone experience it in the same situation? did your docs recommended vanco or just wait and see? thank you and wishing you all well.
Ira

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Jeff thanks for posting. We love to hear when the site helps people. Please keep touch with us occasionally. Continued good health to you.

Return to “Success Stories”