This worked for me!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Debbie

This worked for me!

Postby Debbie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Hello..

For my first year fighting cdiff, it was a difficult one for me, as it was difficult with anyone else. It was like a vicious cycle. On a monthly basis I was fighting urinary tract infections. I don't think there was a time until I found out what worked for me for UTIs I was not on antibiotics for the cdiff. I went to a urologist, and he put me on an antibiotic for an extended amount of time. When my gynecologist I was seeing for another issue going on, found out I was on the antibiotics, he asked me some questions and decided that Cipro would work better, but only use it at "intimate moments" and to stop what my urologist prescribed. That was when my cdiff began. I had dehydrated so badly, I scared the medical professional. He laughed in relief at the end after I was put on an IV to be rehydrated. He said, "You looked like death!"

To make a long story short, as stated earlier, I fought cdiff for over a year. It was an ongoing battle for urinary tract infections and cdiff recurrences. I searched high and low for help. I thought when I would reply on some boards, it would strike a chord, explaining my situation, hoping that I could either help them, or someone could help me. Because I felt I was more of a stumbling block I left some sites and I didn't want to be trouble. I was out of work for some time which caused some boredom, which led me to find answers. I was frustrated, as anyone else can be, and I felt I was alone. I was frustrated basically because I couldn't find what would work for me. I also fought sinus infections because of allergies. That too would cause problems. Each and every person is different, and even if you have the same symptoms as someone else, does not necessarily mean you will find answers you are looking for. Mine was by my own experience, and doctor's couldn't help me.

I found for me... and I am not a medical professional, however, I do know over the years of fighting the cycles is to use a high level of probiotics and cranberry pills for my urinary infections. I also found to limit the sugar intake. When I would fail limiting any of these steps, I would relapse into the cycle. What I found best for my urinary infection is AZO cranberry gel pills.. The gel works best for me. and GNC ultraprobiotics 50 Billion. If I felt an UTI would come on, I would take 2 of the 50 billion til feeling better, but no more than 2 AZO as directed.

I have recently been on ten days of antibiotics because of a sinus infection caused by my severe allergies, as I have NOT figured out what works best for that. I did try to take a nurse's advice by spreading out (never taking probiotics and antibiotics the same time) the probiotics and taking it four times a day as high as I can get. I was already having the beginning signs of a recurrence with the same smelly diarrhea and amount of time of "bathroom breaks" when my cdiff initially began and the recurrences. I was in fear, and took higher doses of two 75 billion GNC Ultraprobiotics between each dose of antibiotics, so I won't have to wake up earlier from prior to the first dose of the day. The antibiotics I was taking I knew was too strong, but the Ultraprobiotics worked for me. I continue to take 50 billion of the GNC ultraprobiotic and the AZO cranberry gel.

I do not claim to be a medical professional. As always be careful what advice you take, because it can be like taking medication from someone else. I do however, recommend if you are not getting answers from your own doctor, find one that will work with you.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: This worked for me!

Postby amyc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Moderators, this post appears to be a GNC advertisement?

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am

No it isn't. If you feel it is.. then take me off your list. I am NOT selling anything.

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 am

I do not work for GNC.

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:04 am

AZO cranberry pills aren't from GNC. That's what I take so I don't get urinary infections so I won't have a need to get on antibiotics either. This testimony was to tell what helped me. I had mentioned the things that helped me.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 am

Debbie, Thanks for posting what worked for you. I know you can get those AZO pills in any drugstore or Walmart etc. so I don't think you are a shill for GNC. I know a lot of women suffer from UTI's with CDiff and posting what helped is what this website is all about. Thank you for that and continue to let us know how you do. Carol
CAROL

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you, Carol. I wanted to let others know what worked for me, as many others tell their friends what works for them.
When I hear anyone gets on repeated antibiotics, I shudder, and many times that's what ends up happening, the ugly beast occurs.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Debbie,

As I said in my answering PM to you, I've been off the board for several days so couldn't understand your PM. After I found this thread, I understood and answered your PM's.

Plain AZO is used to help with the pain of a UTI - it does not "cure" infections. I was not familiar with AZO Cranberry so I googled it. and got this info.

Cranberry has been used in alternative medicine to prevent bladder symptoms such as pain or burning with urination. Cranberry will not treat the bacteria that causes a bladder infection.
Read more at http://www.drugs.com/mtm/azo-cranberry. ... hpoXjQL.99

If it works for you, Debbie, continue to use it. "Different strokes for different folks."

Return to “Success Stories”