Cured by Bacillus Coagulans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cured by Bacillus Coagulans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby seekingcure » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:49 am

Wouldn't letting it sit in milk overnight be similar to the process for making kefir, except with powdered culture instead of the kefir grains?
Bea

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 am

I'm sure it is probably ok. My mom used to make her own yogurt years ago, but I'm funny about stuff sitting out. That's just me.

Cathy22
New User

Postby Cathy22 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 am

How to Make Milk Kefir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8inJzX-6yE

People have been making fermented foods for thousands of years, yogurt, cheese, kefir, kombucha are just some more of the well known fermented foods.

I don't think you have to worry about staph infections if you use clean containers, lots of people make their own kefir and kombucha, etc.

If you are lactose intolerant I would think almond or rice milk would probably work as well.

The key point is that one pills worth of bacteria isn't going to do anything, you need to consume a live and active colony with billions of times more live and active bacteria than a pill contains to actually do anything.

Unfortunately you can't buy yogurt/kefir with live and active Bacillus Coagulans culture that I am aware of.

My interest in Bacillus Coagulans is that it is a spore forming bacteria, exactly like C. Diff, except it is beneficial and readily colonizes the GI tract. B. Coagulans seems to to out compete C. Diff for dominance in the GI tract.

B. Coagulans can also survive as spores while dried out, something most other species of probiotic bacteria cannot do.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:02 pm

The reason it survives the stomach acid and small intestinal alkalinity is that it is in a spore coat. Vegetative cells could become more sensitive to the immune system. With a spore there really is no benefit to letting it germinate before taking it. Read the company's literature...it's the spore that makes it effective.

Also, in general, a bacterial spore won't do a whole lot in 8 hours. A species certainly won't go through lots of generation times in 8 hours if it's starting from spore form. You won't get high enough numbers of the B coagulans to out-compete any accidental contaminant species that get in there and have more vigorous growth habits, like the Staphylococcus aureus I mentioned.

So scientifically, letting it sit overnight in milk really won't benefit the treatment with B coagulans. Kefir and yogurt are different--the active cultures are alive and dividing and do so very quickly, so small numbers of contaminating bacteria quickly die off via the competition.

I'm glad it worked for you, but the milk soak really isn't necessary.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for the input. I think I will add this, but just swallow the capsule whole.
Bea

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

Has anyone else tried this yet? I am considering the pills, w/ out the milk.
Hoping for a cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 am

My mom takes Digestive Advantage every day and has not had a relapse of c diff in the last 5 or 6 years despite recently being on 3 or 4 rounds of antibiotics for UTIs. I tried one of her pills and did not feel any ill effects.

BananaSlug

Postby BananaSlug » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm

have been taking this as well!! as digestive advantage. just the pills. i open up the capsules and put them into water or whatever drink, or with a teeny bit of kefir and mix it in. i have issues swallowing pills. i dont recommend the overnight milk thing cos that sounds very iffy and not very safe. i dont know about a cure yet (we shall see, but i can see it being true!)..but i think it, in combo with Florastor (I double up on it) and Kefir (2 times a day) have been great! i dont wanna jinx anything, since.. bad luck is running rampant on my end of things lately... but, this system.. STRAIGHT off the vanco... i think might be the magic combo. at least for me. i refuse to jinx it, but yeah.

the Coagulans stuff is the real deal. and florastor. the two are great together. HOWEVER, not everyone can take these. some people can have real problems taking these. so, be sure to ask your doctor everything, and make sure you get the OK to take them. Florastor can cause some yeast in the blood issues and for those who had perforated bowel from the cdiff or whatever other disease. and among other things. but for the most part, i have heard nothing but great things about it. except it causing some people on here some bad painful gas and diarrhea issues. oh and allergic reactions, cos its a yeast.

bacillus coagulans.. i have no idea. i did some minor research on it... and the lab tests they did on it, lab rats, etc..and seems up in the air. but it is a spore.. and cdiff is a spore, and if timing of treatment is just perfect in combo with other things... it might definitely be what works for some people. like everyone says here... what might work for one person might not for another, and eventually everyone finds what that one thing is that works for them, or combo of things.

rjklein
Brand New Poster

Re: Cured by Bacillus Coagulans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby rjklein » Mon May 15, 2017 2:31 pm

I wanted to say that I tried this method and it does work.

The bacillus coagulans will turn the milk into curds and whey and both are then full of trillions rather than billions of beneficial bacteria.

I have also tried it with lactobacillus rhamnosus (found in Culturelle) and it works, too.

But unfortunately, this method fails on bifidobactera (such as in Align) because they are strictly anaerobic bacteria and it is not easy to grow them in this manner.

Ultimately, you need to overwhelm the bad bacteria with good bacteria, and about the only way to do that is to ingest huge numbers of the good bacteria.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 am

Hello rjklein - Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for new users on rules of posting, standard intro, etc. I just wanted to let you know that this is a very old post - from 2013, so these people may no longer be on the site.

Storm
New User

Postby Storm » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:44 pm

This worked! Thank you!

By the way, it's important to note that to maximize the benefits of Bacillus coagulans and other probiotics, they need to be fed with prebiotics (food that promotes the growth of probiotics):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705355/
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/19 ... s#section1

From my experience, a fiber supplement (usually made with psyllium husk) works wonder with the probiotics!!!

Please do yourself a favor by taking fiber supplement!

Return to “Success Stories”