Feeling Great!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jeannieology
Regular Contributor

Feeling Great!

Postby jeannieology » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:04 pm

I didn't want to fall off the radar all of you have been such good friends. I'm better and have been better since early December. Not even a trace of C-Diff! Yay.

After going through a year long nightmare, having a fecal transplant and relapsing again I was afraid I'd never get over this. I was on Vanco since September, tapered down, felt awful the whole time.

At the end of October I read an article that said bovine colostrum and xylitol together attacked biofilm and prevented reoccurrences so I started taking a tsp of xylitol a day and bovine colostrum in the am and pm. In addition, I added HOMEMADE kefir and took soil based probiotics. However, I was sure that just like the last time, this time would be the same and I would require a second transplant.

All I can say is that when I stopped the Vanco and upped the kefir my intestines and whole body reacted in a way that is nothing short of miraculous. My intestines are better with the kefir then they were prior to the C-Diff - calm, cool and healthy. My skin cleared up no roseola, my anxiety is GONE, a sinus infection came and went, and thus far not one UTI (which is what got me CDiff in the first place). As for the UTIs I'm taking prescription grade Cranberry tablets (Theracran) am and pm, started using Prorephresh B, Vagifem, 64 ounces of water, D-Mannose and alllicin tablets in the am and pm and KEFIR and I'm approaching (please God) 5 months without a bladder infection!

I don't know for sure but I really think the bovine colostrum and the KEFIR are strengthening my immune system to fight both C-Diff and the UTIs -- the xylitol also addresses the bacteria in my GI tract and my bladder -- it's a biofilm attacker and the KEFIR 2x a day is filling my body with lots of great bacteria, much more than I would get from any probiotic.

I'm now on a mission to encourage everyone to drink HOMEMADE Kefir!! It can't hurt and can only help. It is easy to make and the results, at least for me, have me convinced this sour, fizzy, creamy drink is a magic elixir. Besides it makes great smoothies. Even if it didn't I'll never go a day of my life again without it.

I figure it this way -- ANTIbiotics kill everything -- PRObiotics bring good bacteria into our bodies to fight the bad bacteria and do the battle for us.

After what I've been through with both my bladder and the C-Diff I believe that lack of good bacteria is at the root of most of these problems. In fact, a vaccine is being worked on for UTIs that is a probiotic that is administered intravaginally because loss of good bacteria down there causes women to have recurrent UTIs.

So thank you for helping me, putting up with my panic attacks and talking me down from the ledge.

Blessings -- Jeannie

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Feeling Great!

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm so happy to hear you are doing well. Please post once in a while. We love to hear good news!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:56 am

Jeanie,
Great! thx. for info. Do keep posting.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 pm

What good news. it's almost like the Kefir, Xylitol and Colostrum work better than the fecal transplant??

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 am

I'm glad you are doing well and hope you continue to. I'm on my first, and I hope only, course of Flagyl. I'm afraid that I, too, suffer from recurrent UTI's for many years. I'm interested in trying the colostrum, as it sounds like it would be good for general immune system boosting, which I could definitely use. Is there a particular brand of colostrum that you have had success with? Also, I've used Cranactin for years with some success, but has not completely stopped the UTI's. Have you ever tried it? I wonder if it is comparable to the Theracran? I have tried the D Mannose, but it seems to worsen my diarrhea. Maybe I can try it again later after I'm more stabilized.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Glad you are feeling well. I, too, suffer from frequent uti's and IC - especially since having C. diff. I also have acid reflux and kefer bothers it - too acidic. Any way you know of making it less so? Let us know more info. re the vaccine. I've tried D. Mannose and cranberry pills - didn't work so am now one capsule a day of Macrobid - only works against E. coli infections,however.

See site on FB is closing membership. Oh, goody, more posters for this site. Thx. for info. and keep on feeling better.

Return to “Success Stories”