Vanco, Probiotics and patience = victory!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
allenmj
Contributor

Vanco, Probiotics and patience = victory!

Postby allenmj » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi again everyone, been a while. Hope everyone is doing good, or at least better.

So for those that aren't familiar with my, or rather, my daughters story, here is the first post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9593&p=56053#p56053

There are several follow posts as we battled this for a long time.
I am pleased to report that we are 5 months sympton free, and three months off Vanco. What finally worked was a double run of tapered Vanco and heavy probiotics. I was using a custom blend of 3 different yogurts with Culturelle and Florastor once a day. She hasn't had any dietary issues, eats anything and everything she wants, and has gone through 2 healthy growth spurts and is now at a normal weight for her height.

I can't thank the members of this community enough for the support when things were bleakest. I hope that all of you wonderful folks still suffering will find thier cure as quickly as possible!

Some positive things came out of this, as my daughter now eats very very clean. She hasn't touched anything with high fructose corn syrup or excess sugar in a long time, and she drinks plenty of water, eats veggies/fruits over anything else daily, and even has taken to adding stretching and structured excersise to her playtime in order to be as healthy as possible.

Those of you wondering if this ever ends. It does. Be patient, ask lots of questions of your doctor, and don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away.

Thank you again, all.

Best wishes on behalf of my daughter.

Emme818
New User

Re: Vanco, Probiotics and patience = victory!

Postby Emme818 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

So glad to hear of your daughter's success; it gives me inspiration and hope.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks for posting. We are thrilled to hear your daughter is better, and the site helped her. Please keep in touch. We love to hear the positive stories.

Josam
Brand New Poster

Postby Josam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

I finally got ready of my cdiff. This website helped me so much that I feel the need to help others with my story. I got cdiff after being placed on clindamycin and bactrim for an infection. I was placed on Flagyl for 14 days but relapsed 3 days after finishing meds. Doctor called in Vancomycin ($20 with avmed) for 14 days but my insurance only allowed for 10 days which worked just fine.
This is what I did. I took the Vancomycin 125mg 4 times a day every 8 hours (program your cell phone alarm).
On an empty stomach I mixed two colostrum capsules and 1/2 tsp of tumeric in 2 tbsp of applesauce and took it twice a day.
I also took 8 drops of wild oil of oregano and 25 drops of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) in diluted apple juice twice a day (strong use a straw it helps.)
I took Floraster once a day and culturelle between the antibiotics (3 hours after antibiotics).
I made home made yogart (easy) and you can strain some and make (labane spread).
I cut out all sugar especially artificial sweetners and caffeine because they feed the c diff.
Made plain rice with just water salt and tumeric and had that daily with yogart.
I snacked on saltine crakers and labane, and ate baked potatoes with salt for lunch. A few day later I added boneless chicken breast and tomatoes.
The last day of antibiotics, I added Ultimate flora 200 billion critical care one pack daily for seven days.(7 packs for $26 but helped alot make sure you buy them from health food store that has them refrigerated.
Continued with floraster, culturelle oil of oregano and GSE daily and began adding a different food everyday.
Today is my 15th day without ABX and I feel great. I tested negative for cdiff yesterday.
CLEANING----I bought Clorox Germicidal from Homedepot ( it kills c diff). I cleaned the bathroom daily including the clid because you are suppose to close the clid before you flush to prevent the spores from getting into the air. I used disposable gloves when I used the restroom and then washed my hands constantly.
I put my clothes in a different hamper and washed my clothes separately. I always ran a bleach cycle before I washed my family's clothes. I ruined about 20 shirts from the bleach but no one in my family got c diff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Congrats. Glad the site helped you and thanks so much for telling us this. This is what inspires others! Keep in touch and let us know what you are doing.

Return to “Success Stories”