Doing Better

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Sable
New User

Doing Better

Postby Sable » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 am

Folks,

First of all, I can't thank you all enough for all your help, encouragement and information through the past few months. I have not posted for quite some time but I have been busy on one of the Facebook pages and refer people to you quite often.

I would love to say that I think I'm cured. I have the IBS and all that that brings, and yes, every little ache sets me worrying but, I have decided, after seeing so many people relapse after 1, 3, even 8 years I'm considering this a way of life and that I will be very cautious from now on about washing hands, what I eat, what I touch, etc.

And one other thing, I am constantly advocating care in use of antibiotics and if anyone is going in for dental work or the hospital I'm advising them about probiotics and cleanliness. I think it's the best way I can honor all of you who were such a help to me when I was at my sickest.

Sable

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Doing Better

Postby beth22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks for updating us and thanks for the kind words. I'm really glad that you are doing better and hope that this continues and that the IBS symptoms decrease. I am working on those myself, although mine are complicated by SIBO as well. In most people, they get better over time. I hear you about the antibiotics. I am going to have surgery and my doctor said I would not need them and that if the hospital wants to give them to me, he could override the order. I wish more doctors were like him.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Doing Better

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks, Sable. We are glad the site has been helpful. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't be) about all the people who never say thank you and who we never hear from again - unless they are sick again and expect advice ASAP.

People like you are one of the reasons I keep working on this site. Keep us posted and let us know how you continue to do. Thanks for helping "spread the word."

Return to “Success Stories”