No such thing as a 'normal' recovery - 11 weeks post

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
speg
New User

No such thing as a 'normal' recovery - 11 weeks post

Postby speg » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Well I'm 11 weeks since my last Vancomycin dose and it's been a unique (and some times miserable) experience. I hope I'm not too preemptive in saying that my doctor now considers me "clinically cured". One thing I can say is this disease has left a lasting impact in the form of health care anxiety, budgeting for bleach & probiotics, and now the joy of hemhorroids/fissure that I didn't even manage to have post delivery of my baby. While the cdiff may be in remission, my body is still reeling.

So thankful for everyone who has helped me stop and think about the trauma my body went through in the past 4 months (and the 7 months before that while pregnant) and the reminders that this is a new normal, to be patient with myself and the healing process of my body. There truly is no normal in or after the recovery of cdiff. it has changed so much about my gut/life/future medical decisions. Here's wishing anyone else struggling through this continued progress and good health.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: No such thing as a 'normal' recovery - 11 weeks post

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:50 pm

I'm glad that you are doing better and hopefully this coming year will bring you good health and the leftover symptoms will subside over time.

Return to “Success Stories”