New with C-Diff

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
gent76
New User

New with C-Diff

Postby gent76 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:53 pm

How accurate are the stool tests that doctors use to determine that you may or may not have C-Diff? I understand people get false-negatives, but are false-positives fairly common?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:15 pm

There are many false negatives & no (or few) false positives. See FAQ-C. diff. Tests.

gent76
New User

Postby gent76 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:38 am

I know the big "D" is the most prevelant sypmtom with a different foul odor to it. That being said, is discoloration or pale stool/thin stool ever associated with C-Diff?

Sometimes I question my diagnosis even though the stool test was positive for C-Diff, and I did have "D" for a good period of time prior to Flagyl along with stomach cramping. I have been off Flagyl for almost 3 weeks now, and I still have cramping in my lower abdomen along with discolored stool, but not necessarily "D".

I'm frustrated that I have maybe not rid myself of C-diff, and will need further treatment.

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hi gent76,

It could just be that your natural flora is doing it's thing and fighting off any remaining c diff. If the odor is gone and D is gone hopefully c diff is gone and you are just suffering from IBS as many do post c diff. Color and consistency change constantly through recovery. If you are taking probiotics these can also cause some cramping for some. If the cramps are consistently bad and not caused by gas I would talk to your Dr again. Healing however does take time, be patient and try not to worry. Be sure to continue thorough handwashing and bleaching of bathrooms and food prep areas to avoid reinfection.

Take Care

Jenny

Return to “Too Much Information”