newly diagnosed

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Gent...generally my results were back within 6 hours inpatient. While taking samples into the lab outpatient - in by 10AM, results by 1PM the next afternoon. You can also probably cut out the middle man (your doc) by showing up at the lab with ID to get the results directly. Give your lab a call and find out - sometimes faxing the doc with the info keeps you waiting the longest. Best of luck.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

gent76
New User

Postby gent76 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Got the results back, negative for C-Diff. This result is more than 16 days after being finished with Flagyl.

I am still having fairly daily stomach/lower abdomen cramping, but no "D". That being said my stool is fairly solid, but not like I remember in the "old days"...

Is this normal and just taking time for the gut to heal? Do others have this lower abdomenal cramping even after a negative result on the test?

My Dr and I decided on getting a colonoscopy done anyways, just to what really is going on in there. He thought I may still have some inflammation going on and wants to verify.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Congrats on the negative Gent...welcome to your "new normal".......

Fingers crossed for you - lot of info on post-infection IBS symptoms on the site, hopefully yours too will pass in time.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Congrats on beating the beast!! You more than likely have some IBS now, Lots of us get it after cdiff.. When My stools are real formed seems to be when I cramp the most too. I just take tylenol sometimes for them. Aso certain food can cause them too.

WOWOWOW
Regular User

Postby WOWOWOW » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:45 pm

gent 76 Noticed in an earlier post you were "loading up on probiotics". I found probiotics gave me cramping and many of the symptoms you are describing. From my experience introducing new foods seemed to help build new "flora."From what I understand after c-diff our intestines need to" build new flora" much like an infant. Explaining the long healing process. Always, before stopping or starting any therapy check with your Dr.

gent76
New User

Postby gent76 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks for the support. Maybe I'm just parinoid and somewhat refuse to beleive I'm "cured" or have other abdominal issues. I'm hoping with time the cramping will fade away.

It sounds like others carry on lower abdominal cramping/pains for sometime after being cleared of the disease.

Return to “Too Much Information”