c-diff or not?

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
worried317
New User

c-diff or not?

Postby worried317 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:24 pm

I work closely with many people with c-diff. Though I wash my hands thoroughly I know not everyone does. Last night I had a real small amount of loose stool (with a scent like c-diff). I started to freak out that i got it from the hospital. I was sure I had it. But I didn't have any other loose stools for the remainder of the night and when I woke up today I had a hard stool. (plus 2 more hard stools throughout the day) So now I am confused. Wouldn't I have loose stools not hard stools if I had c-diff? I have no fever or cramps and no longer any loose stools? Should I get checked or wait to see if anything changes? I appreciate any help

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 pm

your fine! believe US you'll know if u gert catch the beast!!! :) RELAX & keep washing your hands and don t put em in your mouth!

worried317
New User

Postby worried317 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Is it still rare since I woek around c diff all the time? A few nurses on the floor said they have had a mild case of it before. Is it common for nurses working with it?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm

worried,
Here is my standard intro. to the site:

Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics – especially the announcements: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST and GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO OUR DISCUSSION BOARDS. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and some of the topics in FAQ – especially Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing.

Let's hope you are one of the lucky ones who recover with one to two rounds of Flagyl or Vanco. If antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.) Some people can tolerate them without a problem; some develop C. diff. again. (See Dr. Borody’s article.)

Posters, as well as doctors, have different opinions. In my (non-medical) opinion, it is not rare for otherwise "well" people to develop C. diff.
Since you work with C. diff. patients, you must know a lot about it. Are you a nurse?

You might have a "summer" bug. If you continue to have symptoms, ask to be tested. See FAQ-C. diff. Tests.

Yes, you can have a "mild case." See Dr. Borody's article. You are in an ideal setting -- a medical one. Take advantage of it.

Return to “Too Much Information”