Ladies, Have any of you ever found a lump....

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jenny
Regular Contributor

Ladies, Have any of you ever found a lump....

Postby Jenny » Sat May 17, 2008 11:37 am

This is very personal, but ofcourse stuff always happens on a Friday night. I have been having issues with intercourse, not that we have sex that often but when we do it is uncomfortable. Not as much as initially, that cut feeling has gone. I know many of you said that ab's change your vaginal flora too. I thought maybe a yeast problem even though no discharge. Anyway last night I was very uncomfortable and thought I would try some extra internal lubrication and I found a rather large lump, cherry sized.

Totally freaked out ofcourse and started googling all sorts. I found some info on a Bartholin cyst which according to the Mayo clinic is rare but this is what I think it may be. I will ofcourse call my ObGyn on Monday, I don't feel like sharing this with the ID dr on Wednesday. The thing is this lump should not be painful, if that's what it is and it is painful, it may require antibiotics which worries me more than anything. It's only been a month since I had my bloodwork done and white cell count etc were normal for me so I'm not worried about anything else except the ab's :(

Has anyone else had experience with this? Still one more week of vanco and as far as c diff pain and D that has finally all gone, just RA pain to deal with, now this!

Jenny:(

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Sat May 17, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Jenny....had to chime in here. It could "just" be a cervical polyp - I had one removed last year. FREAKED ME OUT - doc found it during my yearly exam. Sliced it right off and send me home, no antibiotics. Sent it in for biopsy (routine) and all was fine. Also, a few months later my sister had the same thing happen. I had never even heard of them, but doc said they are quite common after a certain age, and very rarely do they come back malignant. Amazing. Im 44 years old and had never even heard of them, but if that is in fact what you are experiencing - its quick and painless. It "sounds" more painful than the actual procedure...but it didnt hurt at all. Best of luck.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Jenny,
I had a Bartholin's cyst many years ago, before cdiff. It even hurt to sit down. The doc cut it open and drained it, but it came back several months later. Eventually I had surgery to open it and sew it open, and it never came back after that. Because all this was before cdiff, I can't remember if they gave me antibiotics. Ahh for the days when that was not a worry!

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Sun May 18, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks for your responses everyone.

Roy, your response actually prompted me to search some more as this lump is not easily accessible it is inside. I no longer think this is a bartholin cyst. Hopefully it is just a Gartners Cyst. It's going to be a really long Sunday. I will call my ObGyn first thing Monday.

Jenny:(

Return to “Too Much Information”