Now something new...ugh

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Now something new...ugh

Postby klt03301 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:38 pm

Has anyone had this happen? I was feeling better and eating well, though still watching what I ate. Since Mother's Day, I've had a sudden urge to vomit...it just comes upon me without warning. This, by far, is the most horrible problem I've had to date. I don't know why this is happening, but, I can no longer eat. Nothing had changed in my diet. I still don't have "D", but I have never gotten rid of "that smell" and I continue to have pain in my lower abdomen. Now I'm having hot flashes all over my body (not related to menopause). I've had negative test after negative test and I put absolutely no stock in those. I know my body better than anyone. I'm seriously considering trying another round of vanco. It's been 41 days since my last capsule. My Mom had this, too, in the past and said she tested negative but also had the pain and hot flashes. Her doc gave her another round of flagyl (which I can't take) and it went away. Has anyone had this happen to them? I often think this is never going to leave me. I've been taking my probiotics faithfully and I believe that's why I don't have "D". If some of you remember my posts, I'm the one who has had more trouble with constipation than D, but had D really bad when first diagnosed. Oh, and I'm not constipated :) Hugs to all of you and I hope you're having a good Friday night.

Karen

WOWOWOW
Regular User

Postby WOWOWOW » Fri May 16, 2008 10:45 pm

From my experience too many probiotics can cause many different symptoms.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Thanks, WOW. I actually did start another probiotic last week along with the others I take. I'll cut that one out and see how things go. That was very helpful!

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks, Roy. I had been eating oats and cooked veggies every day prior to this happening. My doc has put me on some new meds (for stress) and I'm hoping it works. I totally freaked when I got C Diff and have been stressing for 3 months which has been terrible for my body. HUGE connection between the brain and the gut. According to 2 of my docs, my case was "mild". Well, it sure didn't feel mild to me, but I've actually made things worse by fear and anxiety. Am chilling now and trying to just go forward. 42 days off vanco and no D in a long time, though I have nausea and bloating. Stilll feel bad and will check in with you guys at different points. Thanks to all for responding to my posts. This site has been a Godsend for me!!! I will keep you all in my prayers. Hugs :) Karen

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 am

k;t- I have experienced hot flashes on and off the whole time I have had cdiff. To reduce them at night I keep a blowing fan on me.......even in the winter! I also have had episodes where I would be eating and feel like if I took one more bite.............people across the room would be upset! I explained it to my doctor that it was like feeling the creature from within starting to explode! Each and every time this has happened however I was in the mist of changing doses of meds, taking a different probiotic (which I found I can not do) or stressed out by personal problems. Our guts now rule our lives.........isn't that sad?
Cindy

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Cindy. You have described my symptoms exactly! They're horrible :( I don't know if I should start the vanco I got from the ER the other day or not, but I am most definitely struggling. I don't understand this and still crying every day. See my GI doc on the 29th...lost more weight. Just don't think I can wait that long but he's out of town and has no one covering for him. Thanks so much for letting me know someone else out there has these problems, but I'm really sorry you're going through this and have been for way too long. I don't know how you've managed. You're a stronger woman than I am!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue May 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Try gas x for the bloating I had lots of that while I waited out the 70 days. and I still take it occasionally. Cdiff affects everyones mind so your not alone in that department. Even after its gone. Hang in there..

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks nsewell. I'll try it. Although bloating isn't my biggest problem right now, it's still there and uncomfortable. My family now think I'm having psychosomatic symptoms since they know very little aobut C Diff and they think I have to have D in order to still have it. If only they knew how horrible and alone I feel. I'm really trying to hang in there. I was getting so much better, and then one day the nausea became so severe and continues and the hot flashes started, but no D...very bad constipation. How much can a person take? I am so sick that I'm beginning to lose hope.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 21, 2008 12:44 am

kit,
You aren't alone. Very few with C. diff. (except some of the "lucky" ones who breeze right through it) are left without scars -- physical and/or emotional. Some people need medical help such as anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. Consult your doc. if you are truly desperate.

Scan through FAQ & find more about this. Especially, read FAQ-Ten Commandments of Surviving C. difficile Print this & give it to your family. Tell them "Walk a Mile in My Shoes" before you judge me.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed May 21, 2008 10:06 am

I went to my reg doc for nausea and she asked if I was constipated and I said "heck no" I have no problems going. Well she did a xray and I was real backed up!! So she prescribed the reglan, its for nausea and it makes things go down and not back up. Is makes you go to the bathroom a bit more. Just a suggestion. Might want to try it.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:49 am

Thank you Bobbie and nswell. I am taking valium and zofran that my psychiatrist gave me on monday. Problem is, they both plug me up. Nswell, I do have some Reglan and I will try it instead of the zofran. Thanks to both of you so very much. It's a nightmare I'm tired of and just want to go forward; I was until this nausea hit me. It has been a major setback.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 am

kit,
Check with your GI about adding fiber to your diet and/or trying Citrucel.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 22, 2008 3:43 pm

Kit,
Google all these meds. & you'll find out more about them & the side effects.

Zofran is used for nausea and vomiting. Valium is an anti-anxiety med.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:15 am

Bobbie and Roy...thanks so much. I am on an antidepressant and have been taking one for 2 months. Doc told me to take Valium 3xday and Zofran 2xday. I simply can't do it...can't function and they are constipating. I know how addicting Valium can be. It's funny, prior to this I rarely took any type of meds and don't even have a bottle of tylenol in my home. The psychiatrist believes my brain is "stuck" in the nausea/anxiety cycle; hence the above meds. Huh? At this point, I'm willing to try most anything...that I can tolerate, at least. I have felt better over the past two days, but it rarely lasts long. The most I've gone since Feb 08 is 4 days of feeling good. Thanks for the info. I'm very grateful for it!

Karen

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 23, 2008 12:36 pm

klt03301,
Try exercise - if you are able. It helped my stress more than anything else. I do Jazzercise (aerobics) 4 or 5X a week even when I had C. diff. I also walk, do stretching exercise at home, & line dance. It helped save what was left of my sanity. If you aren't "up" to that much, try walking, stretching, yoga, or anything that strengthens your body. It will also help your mental state.

I also take Xanax (similar to Valium) but only at night. I usually have been able to cope during the day but have been an insomanic for years. That seems to be the time when all my worries "surface."

Good luck. You'll get through this - honest.

Return to “Too Much Information”