Question About Spores??

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jan
Regular Contributor

Question About Spores??

Postby Jan » Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Really hate asking such an"odd question" but here goes!! (leave it to me!)
When gas is expelled, are spores also expelled??? No b.m. movement, just gas??? Just wondering!!! Should we wash each time we have gas??? I am ready to throw every pair of my under garments away daily but that can get quite expensive. Like I said, leave it to me! Ha ha....

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Jan that's hilarious I had the same question awhile back, but I felt too silly to ask. Glad you did since I'm curious to see what people will say. Sorry I have no idea since I was wondering the same thing.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Thu May 08, 2008 7:28 pm

LMAO...actually that isnt a silly question - we may not have asked, but we we've all wondered it! As a C Diff survivor, and former walking gassy "weapon of mass destruction", I can attest that in my experience - no one was infected, and I didnt over-bathe etc. However, my pomeranian no longer sleeps with Mommy for some reason..........
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Thu May 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Check out ALLLLLLLLLLLL my threads posts I WAS THE FIRST to ask this Q!!! Who cares nevertheless astill haven t got a straight up answer...bottom line NOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY knows... :((((((((

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am

Hahaha! I actually did throw away my panties daily during the first two months of C Diff. Would go down to Dollar General and buy the 5 pair pack for 3 bucks. Nobody "special" was going to see me in my panties, anyway, so I didn't care. I even looked for the disposable underwear like they have in the hospital and couldn't find it. I finally did get over this. My OCD was out of control, but who of us w/C Diff isn't scared? I never have thought of the spores with gas question, though. That's a good one. Don't know. I also have not worn my retainers to keep my teeth straight...had braces twice and my teeth are nice and straight...went to dentist yesterday and asked if the spores could still be in them...they're the soft plastic type that look like impressions of your teeth...he told me he didn't know since bleach kills bacteria but not spores. My teeth are already shifting, but I'm not taking that chance...guess I won't have straight teeth anymore.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Why would there be spores in your retainer though? Aren't the spores only in the BM? Yeah I threw out so many underwear while I had c-diff it's ridiculous. I have no underwear left barely need to get more LOL!!!

jaspore
Regular User

interesting

Postby jaspore » Sat May 10, 2008 11:10 pm

This is interesting...and reminds me of another question that was posted not long ago..Can we swim in pools?
I mean..........no one knows!!!

IF we do find out that our poots could be "weapons of mass destruction"...I'm gonna work on my hit list!!! hahahah

It's like this.......even if the spores won't get em, the odor will!!!!
"Go ahead...make my day!".........:)
JASPORE

Wilmington, NC

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Sun May 11, 2008 11:50 am

LMAO Jaspore - when I had C Diff I was a total germaphobe. I considered a pool a "bacteria casserole" - no way I was swimming! It really does ease up after some time passes though...

"Ive got poots - and I aint' afraid to use em"....lolol...!!
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

jaspore
Regular User

power

Postby jaspore » Sun May 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Maye we're just starting to think productively about what to do with all this "power"....POOT POWER!
Bet if we all congregated and met Congress.............
they'd do whatever we aksed them to!
We could demand free poop transplants for everyone!
Heck, I read somewhere that C Diff is comparable to Anthrax...
maybe we could even end the war?
ImPOOTant possiblities! We can make a DIFFerenCe!!!
Poot Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JASPORE

Wilmington, NC

Jan
Regular Contributor

Postby Jan » Sun May 11, 2008 3:25 pm

You Guys are just Way Too Funny! ha ha! Have A great day!
Jan

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Sun May 11, 2008 4:35 pm

omg...ROFL...Special Forces here we come - I still have my old desert cammies - ready for an airlift in Vike? ooo rahhh...lolol...!!!

jaspore
Regular User

mission

Postby jaspore » Sun May 11, 2008 4:46 pm

All they'd have to do is give 100 of us a beer or two..............
and those insurgents would be surrendering in about 2 weeks tops!
JASPORE

Wilmington, NC

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey guys! I'm really serious about my retainers :-) I wore them while my C Diff was active. I bleached them three times, but I'm really not wanting to put them back in my mouth, ya know? Too expensive to buy new ones, and I'm broke after the hospitalization, ER visits, Vanco scripts,
cleaning products/toiletries, and gazillion pairs of panities I bought. I thought the spores could live anywhere, not just in your poop and that bleach will kill the bacteria but not the spores. Can someone answer this question about the spores? I've read they can live on surfaces for up to four months; thus my concern with the retainers.

Thanks. You know you're feeling better when ya get on here and ask a question that seemed trivial a few weeks ago. My shifting teeth could cause some problems for me such as tooth and bone loss; it's not just the appearance factor.

Karen

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:10 pm

See I thought that the spores were only in the BM that's what my docs told me anyway, so that's why I didn't understand how it would be in a retainer unless you put it down on a containter top or something that had a spore on it maybe. Not sure about the bleach question though I thought but am not sure that bleach was the only thing that could kill the spores. I'd like to know if that is true or not too.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Mon May 12, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Karen...personally, I wouldnt rely on a dentist's answers on the retainer/spore question. Its my understanding that the bleach/water solution is in fact the only thing that kills spores. The bacteria die after coming into contact with air much sooner. I just wonder if you could clean your retainer with a weak bleach/water solution without damaging it? That may be a question for the dentist. Hand-to-mouth being the scary issue - as long as you are washing your hands obsessively (like we all do now), my opinion is to wear it - but thats just me. I actually took all of my rings off during C Diff (and for a while after) for the same reasons. Just wanted to toss in my two cents worth, but ask your doc - Im a dentist hater these days (he's the one that gave me the clindamycin), so I dont trust em much on C Diff.

Best of luck to you.

Return to “Too Much Information”