Smell is back.....

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
mommy2maddi
Regular User

Smell is back.....

Postby mommy2maddi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:40 pm

So I am day 4 off of Flagyl, and I went the first time this morning it had no smell. I went an hour later and it was softer and had a sweet, smell to it. I have been drinking a lot of cranberry juice to fend off a UTI, but am so scared about this returning! I had terrible trapped gas feeling last night but it went away. Anyone else have the smell but negative? So scared, even turned a stool sample in today.

Best,

Nicole

8 months pregnant
day 4 off of first round of Flagy

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Mommy2maddi,

I'm not really sure what you mean by the smell is back. In my experience the c diff odour is anything but sweet, not even cranberry juice could make it smell better. By the way all fruit juices make me have more frequent BM's so don't panic if you start going more often. I also think soft is good, especially after everything our bowels have been through.
All the probiotics also made me experience gas pains, they passed quickly unlike c diff pain. Gas pain usually eases for me with moving around. If I had an attack of gas cramps at night, just a quick walk around the house and they would be gone.

Hope you feel better and your sample is a true negative. However this early it is possible to get a false negative so I would go more with symptoms.

Take Care

Jenny

Return to “Too Much Information”