Symptoms returning

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
MathGeek
New User

Symptoms returning

Postby MathGeek » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:10 pm

So, nothing but watery stools today. Been to the bathroom 8 times. I have a feeling the c-diff is back. I have an appointment with a new GI on the 19th and I'll have been off Flagyl for at least 3 weeks by then, so a new test should be viable, but I hate thinking of suffering through this until then, but hey, it was 4 months straight before, so 2 weeks shouldn't be too bad.

*sigh*

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:27 pm

If your symptoms continue and you think cdiff is back, I'd call your doc now and would not wait until the 19th. No unnecessary suffering allowed! The best thing to do is to get an agreement with your doc to treat you based on symptoms, and not on test results (in case a sample taken now gives false negative results).

MathGeek
New User

Postby MathGeek » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:35 am

Well, that's the thing, my current doc doesn't listen to me, hence the new doctor... I did ask the new clinic to put me on a cancel list so I may get in sooner. :)

Karien
Regular User

Postby Karien » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 pm

I agree with Nancy + Roy. If CDiff is active, and it sounds it is with you right now, it should be taken very seriously. I got Pseudomembrane Colitus, because the CDiff went untreated for too long. I don't want to scare you, but don't wait and get another Dr. or ER.
All the best to you!
Karien

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:58 pm

My advise would be to schedule an appointment with your NOW doctor and confront him on his lack of concern and your NOW symptoms. Most doctors never truly hear about your concerns if related to nurses. I would call and tell them I CAN NOT WAIT and need to be seen NOW or I will go to ER and have them call you. They then know it is a problem that is needing immediate attention and will work you in. Worked for me many times.
Cindy

Return to “Too Much Information”