Personal Question For Ladies Only Please

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jenny
Regular Contributor

Personal Question For Ladies Only Please

Postby Jenny » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:40 pm

I do not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I have a very personal question I do not really want to ask my GI (a guy). My OB can't see me for another couple of weeks.

My wonderful husband & I abstained for almost 3 months whilst I was suffering with c diff. Zero Labido, No energy, and well need I say more? He has been very patient in more ways than one.

The thing is now I am feeling better, but things are not normal. I am extremely dry and when I use a lubricant such as KY which I have used in the past it burns. I feel like there are lots of tiny cuts. Is it possible this is a side effect from all the probiotics, florastor etc? I have had a yeast infection before but there is no discharge this time.

I am on day 16 post meds, but I do not feel confident enough to stop my florastor and culturelle cold turkey. I am currently taking 2 culturelle and 2 florastor. I see my GI Wednesday and I'm sure he will tell me my test done last week is neg. I hoping to get colestipol (sp) for the urgency I experience but other than that I'm feeling quite good.

This irritation though which does not bother me throughout the day is just putting a damper on things.

Any suggestions or past experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jenny

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 am

Hey Jenny
I agree with Roy it is likely the result of all the stress you've been under and if you were dry the friction even with the lubricant could cause some minor trauma to that fragile area. Does it sting when you pee? I know when I go on long rides or race on my bike it causes many tiny irritation cuts from the friction, I don't even consider sex until I've healed but I do have to pee and that STINGS.
Also due to the yeast the skin could also still have some healing to do even if you usually don't notice it the extra friction could result in a burning sensation.
I think we are sensitive about everything that feels different to us after C-diff, mentally we are on high alert.
Take your time. I'm so afraid of getting a UTI I have yet to really find much pleasure in the activity but I know it will return in time. I do love to be close though!
Carrie

ClDif
Regular Contributor

Postby ClDif » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:12 am

Hi Jenny,

all the ABs that you have been on do affect not only your intestinal mucosa but all the body's, including your vagina. Imagine your vaginal flora as a very clever ecosystem with loads of good bacteria when you are healthy.

All this has been majorly upset by ABs and probably stress, but I am a big fan of not putting too much of an emphasis on the psychological factors only. Have you been on flagyl too? I guess oral vanco is less systemic, but probably will also take its toll in other places in the body.

Artificially supplying some "good guys" that come in the form of suppositories with lactobacilli might help you.

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Thanks all for your responses.

Roy, I'm sorry if you felt excluded, I just would never have imagined pre c-diff that I would ever be discussing such personal problems on the www.
As you said on another post that you could not believe that you were posting re floating turds half way round the world. I did have a giggle at that. I guess we do all share very personal info here. Where else would we be able to talk so freely? Doesn't mean I don't blush from time to time though ;)

I think the irritation is meds or supplement related though. I experienced this discomfort before any intercourse took place for the first time after 3 months just by applying KY. The dryness is there all day and occasionally it does sting when I pee. It's similar to a yeast infections irritation but just not all the symptoms are there.

Depending on what my GI says tomorrow, I think I will cut back to 1 a day of florastor and culturelle and see if there is any improvement. I may also try the suppositories.

I went through 4 rounds of flagyl and 3 of Vanco and of course before that the AB's for strep and bronchitus. 3 1/2 months of antibiotics I'm sure messes with your body. I missed 2 periods also, so I know my body is out of whack.

Just hoping I get back to normal or a new happy normal soon.

Thanks Again

Take Care

Jenny

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Interesting about your periods, I was the opposite mine were coming every 2-3 weeks and usually lasting 10-12 days. I finally went on the pill this month and can't believe how good it feels not to have a period within such a short time. Not sure what to expect when it finally comes but it did resolve the discharge I thought was due to a yeast infection. Finally saw a female doctor who said there's no yeast, likely hormones. I guess she was right. C-diff or maybe the antibiotics sure can mess up out systems.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Carrie that's really interesting that you said you were getting your period every 2-3 weeks. I have been getting mine every 3 weeks, but for me I'm not really sure what it's from. I got my c-diff from an antibitoc given to me during delivery of my son 5 months ago. I'm not sure if my period is just messed up because I just got it back a couple months ago or if it is messed up from the c-diff. It is really a pain trying to determine what is from what because my hair has also been falling out like crazy and my doc told me you could lose a lot of hair for up to 1 year after you have your child, but I wonder if it's from the c-diff who knows. Jenny I totally understand what you are going through I am having similiar issues and I am 24 days off the meds but still taking Florastor. C-diff really makes you paranoid because I am even scared to be intimate because what if I got a UTI or something, which I never get them but I am petrified of anything that will make me have to EVER go on another antibitoc. I think things will eventually go back to normal for us Jenny it will probably just take time!!! Good luck with everything.

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks again for your well wishes, feeling better this morning. No repercussions from the glass of wine, thank goodness:)

Jenkelly just wanted to add a note about your hair loss. It is perfectly normal as your doc says for up to a year. You will not go bald. I have been through this and my understanding is that when you are pregnant the majority of your hair follicles become active, this is not the norm. Hence the beautiful lustrous hair that many talk about when pg. Your hair is just returning to it's normal cycle and follicles will become dormant again. Your hair will fall out. My hair was I think shoulder length with my pregnancies and after that every day I would lose hair for sometime. I could pick up the hair and roll it into a ball the size of a golf ball ( no exaggeration). Just excess hair. So don't worry about that. With a 5 month old I'm sure you have much better things to do than worry about your hair;)

Jenny

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 am

jenkelly, who knows what causes what. The gyne said doubt cdiff is causing these issues - but I can tell you the onset of it all started the same time as c-diff. My doc said sometime antibiotics can throw off your regular cycle/hormones but I'm quite convinced is was the c-diff messing up my body without a doubt. Oh well no convincing them. I'm sure the pill is already helping though, and that is a relief in it's self(first time I haven't had sore breasts in a long time.) The other option is to have minor surgery and after reading Jan's story I'm going to put that off as long as I can. It's great we can learn from each other on the site, I really appreciate everyone's feedback.

Return to “Too Much Information”