Still green and has that smell

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Still green and has that smell

Postby klt03301 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I now know I should not be posting in more than one thread, but this is under the TMI category. I've been off Vanco for 4 days. I've NEVER had a BM that wasn't green since I got this...it's still that way and has that odor. I'm 5'2 and was 118 2/20. I now weigh approx 102 pounds. I'm starting to see my ribs. I still can't eat much, but better than I have. Have at least moved up to soup, no meat. Should I still have green poop and that smell after 18 days of vanco 4xday 250 mgs? Still see some dark mucous in it, also. I still get nauseated, but I'm most concerned with the poop/odor and weight issues. Very careful about what I eat. Anyone else have this problem? No D, just very soft snake like stuff. Sorry this is so gross, but my docs don't seem to want to hear it. Thanks for everyone helping with responses. I don't know what's happened to my body. Very scared. My heart goes out to you all.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:54 am

If you are not having D, I wouldn't worry. I saw similar things during vanco and for some time after. I lost 27 pounds to cdiff. What helped me to get my appetite back and stop losing weight was taking Primadophilus reuteri.

My docs didn't want to hear about anything gross either. (So why are they in this field?) I know it is a scary disease. I felt like my body betrayed me and turned into some alien thing. You are not alone. I surely hope you have beaten it. They tell me that everyone beats it eventually.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Thank you, Nancy!

Postby klt03301 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks so much for your reply!! I have been taking Culturelle one day, then Florastor the next. Maybe I should try what you did. My appetite is good; it's just that when I try new foods, I wind up sick. The good news is...I did go twice in the past 24 hours and it's better than it's been this whole time. Yes!! I think you're right about the vanco. I feel better, too. I just pray I don't relapse. You and everyone here have helped me tremendously and I don't know what I'd do without you guys. So much more understanding about this illness and more sympathetic than my docs. I've been really depressed and scared. I appreciate everyone here so much :-) I'm looking forward to hunting Easter eggs with my grandson and I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL Easter. And to Roy, if he sees this, your sense of humor has kept me laughing. Thanks to EVERYONE who has responed to my posts...I apologize for not having done so individually.

Karen

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:19 am

take your pro B's eat healthy RIHGT now1 Wait three day ruke the next few MONTHS could be a roller coaster as it was for ke just like you are describing...the worse part about it was a day or so of D and almost daily nausea for well after three four months! Hot Tea! likely hekped me alot I have three a day!!!

Karien
Regular User

Postby Karien » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Karen,
you might want to take the probiotics all in one day. culturelle + florastor mix well together. you might want to add something like vsl#3 as well. (450 bio live bacteria).
Eat very small portions of food, and watch out what you eat. I now get sick from foods I used to be able to eat all the time. Your colon is totally different after CDiff, so test out little by little how far you can go food wise.
Have a nice Easter and all the best to you!
Karien

Return to “Too Much Information”