Do you experience "D" with tapering & pulsing

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jenny
Regular Contributor

Do you experience "D" with tapering & pulsing

Postby Jenny » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am

Have just decided if C-diff is not gone with current Flagyl and Vanco treatment I am going to my GI with Laurens Vanco protocol. Currently I have 3-6 bm a day but no D. If you start to pulse and taper do you usually experience "D" on the off days?

Jenny

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Jenny,
Roy is right about the quality not the quantity! When I started pulsing, and was taking vanco more days than not, on the "off" days things were about the same as the "on" days. As time went along, and it was longer in between "on" days, it seemed to me that things were better on the "off" days. That was a good sign that the pulsing was working. However, everyone is different, with this and everything else with cdiff.

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:37 pm

Not to be too graphic but the bm are soft, formed but there is still mucus no blood anymore though, and that odour is still lingering. I still have cramps, sharp pains but those have never gone, but are no where near the pain I experienced at the initial bout which was Jan 4th. I know from the colonoscopy I have considerable inflammation which I have been told will take some time to heal. I don't think the Asacol is helping though, but that's only been 2 weeks. Kind of impatient I know just want this to be all over with, don't we all.

I am going to use the new refill of 14 days and split it. 4 days on, two days off after the kids party, then 10 days of the vanco & flagyl. Dr just called and made an appointment with me to do labs April 2nd, two weeks after meds, I hope that is long enough and then a follow up with him on the 9th to consult.

Thanks for your responses

Jenny

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 pm

Jenny,
I too had the big d while tapering/pulsing and had sometimes 10 bms in a day.. my off days were getting better and better during my pulse and that was a good sign. I also had days where I was sure I was relapsing.. I did the 3 day rule and things always settled down. Trust me I know that it is hard and in the front of your mind your like oh geez here we go again.. It is a hard thing to deal with. I had many bad days while pulsing but it will go away. I hope your feeling better soon.

Return to “Too Much Information”