Hemorrhoid sufferers...

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Jan
Regular Contributor

Hemorrhoid sufferers...

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 am

Jan 06 I was diagnosed with C Diff and battled it for 9 months. Through my first ordeal I had terrible hemorrhoid problems that progressively became worse as time went on, horrible burning, itching,etc... to where I was up all night crying in pain. I have had problems with hemorrhoids in the past due to child birth but it became quite unbearable during C Diff. I tried every thing....tucks, anusol, you name it and nothing worked. Now after being clear of C Diff for 5 months I think I have it again (being tested right now) but I think every one knows when it's back. So...the burning started again so this time I tried an old wives remedy for the burning and itching and I must say I am getting some relief. Vicks Sab. I was so afraid to try it but when you get to the point where you can't take it any more you will try any thing. Working for me. Not a medical opinion for I am not in the medical field, but just my own experience using this. Good luck and prayers to all.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Jan,
I had horrible problems with rhoids during cdiff, so I very much appreciate your posting this info. I know what you mean about the pain. I could hardly keep from screaming all the time. It was as bad as the abdominal pain. I tried sitz baths (helped for about 5 minutes), Prep H, aloe lotion, prescription hydrocortisone cream, and as you say, nothing really helped. Thanks so much for telling us about Vicks Sab. I hope it continues to work for you. Good luck.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:25 pm

I too suffer from something down there. I havent had cdiff in quite a while but am still having problems down there. Lately the pain hasnt let up and been up all night very uncomfortable. Supposedly I only had one tiny hemmrroid but my gosh do they caus pain. Thanks for sharing what working for you.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 pm

ok went to my reg doctor today since Ive been in pain for about 6 days now. I have a huge internal hemmrroid. I have tried everything so she is gonna try and heal it from the outside in? God something better give. Just wondering what has worked for those of you dealing with the internal ones. I couldnt get in to see my gi til April 9 but if its not better gonna talk about getting them removed.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 pm

This is absolutely gross but my Mother suffered with internal ones and had to drink solution of mineral oil and metamucil daily and eventually they got better. I do not know the recipe nor do I ever hope to have to find it out. The intent is to keep everything moving and lubricated. This was years ago and hopefully doctors have better solutions now. I have had problems but the suppositories and staying off my feet as much as possible for a few days seems to relieve my problems.
Cindy

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks We are gonna try ad treat it from the outside in. I am currently using a steroid cream on the outside and it seems to be helping.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 am

That worked for awhile but I have fissures also that just kill. ANyway I wanted to you all know I was watching the View last weeka and they showing old natural cures for things and olive oil was one for hemmrroids!!

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 pm

and what were you supposed to do with the olive oil, apply it or drink it?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed May 14, 2008 3:12 pm

ok so I have suffered with hemmrroids and fissures for three years(since cdiff began and after). I went to my doctor about 6 weeks ago and she checked and I had a huge hemm. on the inside. I had tried everything possible to clear it all up and nothing worked. So she wanted to treat it from the outside in. Everytime I took a bath or shower I was to use a blow dryer down there and dry myself. Guess what! It worked!!! Have not had them for at least a month. Dr. Oz also said it on the Opra show!!! Just thought id share this with you sufferers....

Jan
Regular Contributor

Postby Jan » Wed May 14, 2008 8:19 pm

I will try that for sure, cold, warm or hot heat though??? I would assume warm heat right? I'll do any thing to make these go away. Such a pain in the rear!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 pm

yeah be careful dont burn yourself. I turn it on high and push the cool down button on my blow dryer. I couldnt believe it worked. When I heard Dr.oz talk about it he said alot of people mistake fissures for hemmroids. He said they can not heal when they are wet. Anyway I hope it works for you. It so nice not having to deal with them, they are so painful. ANother thing I still have to blow dry or they will come back! Good luck..

abby
New User

Postby abby » Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 am

Question: Is it keeping them dry that brings about a cure? Would this extend to not using suppositories and/or various ointments that we sufferers tend to use?

Thanks!

abby

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon May 19, 2008 5:40 pm

I guess they cant heal when their wet, they need to be dry. I dont know about the suppositories, they never worked for me jsut made things worse.

Return to “Too Much Information”