MOVED FROM QUESTIONS - URGENCY

Since c-diff is a disease of the "lower half", so to speak, we find that many of our members cannot refrain from discussing what comes out the bottom end. If you must do it, please do it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

MOVED FROM QUESTIONS - URGENCY

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:38 am

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 pm Post subject: Urgency
whitepine
Regular Contributor

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 pm Post subject: Urgency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you all ever have days when you wake up with the urge to go, and then go, then go again, then again, and again...3-4 times and never feel "empty" that's been my problem the last 2 weeks, even while on Vancomycin 500 mg/day.

The cramping pain and urgency are awful, and yet there is no watery "d" so I am relieved about that. The urgency feeling is the worst though. I stopped all probiotics, just on the Florastor and Vanco now. About to try a liquid diet. I just took 2 Immodium to calm this constant bathroom tripping down. Just did an infusion the other day and all seemed well. Last night I had a 99.5 fever and that makes me sooooo nervous that I am relapsing c.diff even while on Vanco. Just need a little reassurance today I guess. :)

Jodie
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sound like you just wrote my story! I go back to back to back at least 4 times when I wake up every morning....Very aggravating!!!

Jodie

whitepine
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:02 am

It is so annoying! The more I go the more it hurts and then I feel horribly crampy and gassy all day. It's got to be spasms. When i take Levsin and Xanax it calms down. It's just so darn annoying (and scary) to have the urgency every day...feels like a huge air bubble is trapped in there but it never comes out, just hurts. :( Having a bad day. :( Hugs all.

carrie
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 am

Gosh I hope you are not relapsing!! The urgency is certainly got to be spasms, I don't understand it all. It seems when I'm in that same situation I end up getting more nervous/upset which I'm sure makes it worse. Sorry you are feeling down and I hope this passes soon for you. It is really difficult to figure out the right things for your system but keep trying you'll get it figured out. Take care

peanut
Contributor

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:07 am Post subject:

oh sorry about the bad day whitepine. i too have those same bad days,quite often. days were i just feel like i have to go potty all day long...ugh and the pain down there gets horrible. especially dealing with hemmroids on top. i too have noticed xanax does help quite a bit with the pain(along with helping the stress thank god). hang in there. you will be just fine.
take care
peanut

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 am

Moved this thread for obvious reasons. We are trying to keep the site profesional in case we get more exposure from media -- also to not "turn off" new posters who don't want to immediately share the "nitty gritty" of bathroom visits.

Variations in normal patterns are common - both with C. diff. & with IBS. For a complete explanation, ask your doc.

I first had C. diff. in l993 & still have "off" days. After 15 yrs. of dealing with this (& dealing with it in l979 & 6 yrs. later when my son had it), I've learned the only thing you can say about C. diff. is that it is never predictable.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:52 pm

I apologize if I put my post in the wrong place. I had a question, so I put it in questions. I will put it in TMIfrom now on, sorry of I offended anybody I am just very afraid and concerned.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:51 pm

whitepine,
Don't worry about it. TMI is the forum for such details, however.

Feel better.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 am

Whitepine- From experience let me say that it is something you have eaten which has triggered what is going on. I recently just had a horrible spell and thought I was forming resistance to vanco and was terrified as I have been on it so long and it is a real fear. I found out that the fruit juice I had been drinking was the culprit and that I had been eating far too many salads (which are the worst thing we can eat with colitis of any form). I stopped both of them and things have cleared back up and I am feeling better right now (KNOCK ON WOOD) than I have in a great while. Also, when you are having a problem like this you might think about stopping all probiotics for a couple of weeks. I found (when I was taking probiotics) that I had great frequency and much more gas and gurgling as it built up in my system........kinda like OVERLOAD and once I backed down on them things got better. Just a thought.......as I have experienced it all unfortunately and have had enough time (more than 6 years) to experiment to find out what works--at least for me. Good luck
Cindy

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:06 am

Interesting Cindy, I use to get gas all the time, pre c-diff, but since starting probiotics I rarely ever have it, it's been great no build up. That's why a few weeks back I thought I was relapsing as I had a very rumbly stomach, gasiness and frequent bathroom trips. All is settled but I'll likely stay on probiotics forever as I think they've settled some of my previous GI troubles. I'm staying away from salads a bit longer though, not ready to chance it. I was so excited to eat 1/2 an onion cake the other day with no adverse reaction. That has always been one of my festival favorites.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Carrie- That is why all people are different. What works for one does nothing for another. All of the probiotics with the exception of reuteri made my life much worse. Whatever works is my slogan!
Cindy

Karien
Regular User

Postby Karien » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 am

I agree with the idea that it's the wrong food that causes the urgency feeling and more trips to the bathroom. I ate a big salad the other day, just couldn't stand al the blah food and I paid the price over the next 2 days. I felt really sick.
The probiotics so far are doing me good (I think) You never know what's good and what not. Just have to try over and over again.
All the best!
Karien

Return to “Too Much Information”